Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceMarketing

tour on website effect ticket sales?5158

PHILG private msg quote post Address this user
Looking for real-world feedback from those who have Museums or Galleries. The Museum I am talking to wants to see others who are using Matterport - they are concerned that if they post a virtual tour on their web site - it may negatively affect their ticket sales. I recall an interview on NPR a while ago about the Smithsonian's use of Virtual Tours and they said ticket sales actually increased. I can't locate that story now (of course) Any feedback would be great to hear.
Cheers,
Phil
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@PHILG

We Get Around Atlanta has created Matterport Spaces of two museum spaces:

(not on the museum's website)
Client uses the link by WP3D Models.

The Church-Waddel-Brumby House in Athens, GA.

Check "your" museum's Vision and Mission statements. It's likely to include something about education. You can help them achieve their Vision and Mission for education for people that don't have the time or the resources to travel to the museum.

Museums are in the business of saving history. They need to save their history. The first Museum (above) - the exhibit is no long on display - yet they have an archival record of their exhibition.

"Our" museum creates traveling exhibitions, so they were thrilled to be able to use it to help distance museums in the state of Georgia to understand their exhibit and how best to display.

Rich Media MatterTags came along after the original use case. It's likely that MatterTags would make a huge difference in the museum telling their story. I encourage you to use the Forum's search box - powered by Google - to search for Museum for related discussions.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@PHILG

By the way, I could imagine that this "reduce or increase ticket sales" question comes up ALL THE TIME.

For the first museum - tech savvy/forward thinking clients - simply not an issue or question that came up. Their Vision/Mission relates to the entire state of Georgia, so they were thrilled to share the museum with a wider audience. Plus, very helpful for the curator trying to get items for the next exhibit.

For the second museum, it doubles as a Visitors Center. They do not charge admission to walk around. It's not a tradition, big museum space.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
This is Cone Manor in NC,,, I did it as a donation to the State...

Post 4 IP   flag post
als528 private msg quote post Address this user
In Washington DC Smithsonian Museums are free of charge.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101421 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?