Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GIFs

Matterport GIF: I Wished that they Looped5144

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

Any way to make Matterport GIF files loop? Or, is that something that Matterport would need to do on their end?

Any reason for Matterport not to loop their GIF files?

(I also wish they were wider and had better detail (not so grainy).

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

This one looks much better, bigger and loops...

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
fullpreview private msg quote post Address this user
Dan,

They are grainy because the file size has been reduced. To create my own gifs or modify gifs (get them to loop), I use the program SnagIt by TechSmith (https://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.html) - it was only $49.95 and I use it a lot.. for screenshots, screen capture, creating and editing gifs. Look here to see a video I took from Matterport, cut a piece out and creating a looping gif using SnagIt..

https://fullpreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/5-Second-Full-Preview.gif

When you create the gif, you can choose what quality level you want... lower quality lower file size but "grainier".

Let me know how else I can help.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
Before Matterport started offering GIF´s we used to make them for a few clients, the process was extremely manual though.

1: record video. Keyboard shortcuts 1-2-3 are very useful, start and finish with the floorplan view for perfect loop.
2: import as layers in photoshop
3: remove as many layers as possible, and set 0.5 sec pauses on transition points (reduces file size).
4: export as GIF with optimised settings (will vary on each file)

Bespoke GIF´s... Worth it? No.

In my opinion the GIF´s serve a very simple purpose, just draw some attention in the clients Twitter feed. Obviously, improvements in quality and aesthetics are always wanted, but I believe there´s bigger fish to fry at the moment...
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Is anyone using these for an ad push on Facebook. Getting that spin in the right side could grab some attention.

Glad you brought this up Dan. I'm sure most of use wanted to play with this when Matterport offered a Gif and short videos. Rather than re-uploading our old tours stuck in an Ipad backup. I've decided making a video is the way to go and convert it to a Gif.

I got a joystick last week and it doesn't seem to matter, the arrow keys should work fine like @mp2fp suggests.

Screen cast a short video in Mp4. Upload it to EzGif.com/. Select "Gif Maker" tab. Use "effects" tool if you wish to limit the # of spins. Use "Speed" tool to slow down the spin around. Other tools are available to reverse rotate, sharpen or add other edits to the image.

Save and rename the Gif to your desire to remove EzGif file name. WGA Forum doesn't seem to be handling image sizes to share.

Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

The lead story in the Matterport newsletter emailed to customers today (Thursday, 24 August 2017).

Dan

---

Post 6 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
As long as you can not control the content of the GIF or more important the movies by e.g. setting
the best viewpoints for these or have the option to create a highlights reel just for the GIF and movies I think it´s not a really useful feature by now.

Here a small reminder:
MP announced FULL & DIRECT tour support for Facebook some ages ago.

To often the GIF and movies are showing not the best views of the space, so you had to do it manually in any case to get the best possible result which you should have on a teaser animation.

E.g. here:

To arrange the shooting order just to get acceptable GIFs or Movie-Teasers is worth a discussion.
I prefer the DIY method.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101587 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?