Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ProblemsRealtors

What would you do?5135

justinv private msg quote post Address this user
I went to a house recently to do matterport, pictures and video. It was for one of my wife's friends. I mentioned, in the driveway, the house looks nice. She replied, looks can be deceiving. Boy was she right!

I have attached master bedroom and kitchen pictures.

I told her to take iPhone pictures of front of house and the pool.

Next time, I am going to shoot as is and take the money. My wife said you should have taken the $650 and did it.

Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with you... Never shoot it just because...
Post 2 IP   flag post
tocha private msg quote post Address this user
From a professional standpoint I would reschedule and provide them with a list of things that they should make happen prior to a shoot.

If you shot this and posted it then you would be the one that would be perceived as a low quality provider.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I am torn. At first I was like wtf did you have me come out here for? She knew it was going to be like that. If she does it again, I might take the money and run! I don't put my name on anything, so it would be the realtor posting it!
Post 4 IP   flag post
She asked if I could Photoshop some of it out. I told her I would have to do the entire house and there wouldn't be anything left!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Lincoln, NB
PointCloudVR private msg quote post Address this user
I say call the realtor give them a heads up and get the yes or no from them directly. If it's their face and name they should know.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@justinv
But you are putting your name on it, I have been in this situation and turned down the work and have had agents bad mouth me because I would not do the work. I have done the work even though the agents and owner were present and I explained the outcome is what you see is what your going to get and then get bad reviews in the office as doing poor or bad work. So you think your name is not on it but agents talk. From agents that love my work I get referrals which is great. I no longer will do unprepared homes because my reputation is on the line even if my name is not on it. Just my two cents.

Ron
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
We've had this happen and charged a $50 rescheduling fee after my assistant arrived and couldn't shoot.

Depending on the mess - you might consider helping to clean it up. I'd suggest calling the Realtor first.

I've cleaned kids' bedrooms, reorganized walk-in-closets, helped to hang pictures, played with dogs and even comforted sellers on the point of a nervous breakdown.

That's why my rates aren't $0.03/sqft. Just like Realtors, we sometimes should do things to achieve our end goals that we didn't plan to do in order to SUCCEED FASTER.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Is it possible just to talk with the realtor, tell him/her it will look crappy and what does he/she would like you to do? Explain that will look bad for him to have a house looking like this on the market. Appeal to his business side.

I had to scan gardens this morning. I told the realtor I had to do it at 9am as the sun was low enough in the sky that it could be done. We got there and the owners and realtor spent 20 minutes putting up umbrellas, sweeping, raking, etc. We were not able to do the scans as expected but we did 360's from a couple of shady spots.

I don't know if there is a good answer except know which Realtors you can trust and work with them.
Post 9 IP   flag post
DroneGirl private msg quote post Address this user
This has not happened to me as a MSP, but as a RE photographer it happens on occasion. In those instances I clean it and let the agent know where they can find everything I put away. I go the extra mile for my clients and that's why I never have to look for work. My clients are loyal and I can be selective with new agents/builders who contact me. Agents talk and I want the "word on the street" to be about my great work and incredible customer service.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The realtor was there with me and she refused to clean. She said it was clean compared to before!

She isn't going to sale it looking like that, so I wasn't going to waste her money.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I figured she was going to make $12-15,000. If she doesn't care, why should I?
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
If the agent is there and that's what they want. Go for it and shoot! I wouldn't put my label on it anywhere. I think I would absorb the cost of a .info domain and post it there so your company isn't affiliated with it.

Other times, if agent isn't there. I send a couple pictures and ask if they are sure they want it. Still waiting to go back on a couple shoots because the lights were all burned out.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@VTLV

She was there but I don't think she will sale it.

You don't carry light bulbs with you? I have them right beside the magic lube for when the going gets tough!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
I have experienced exactly this multiple times in my career!

When I was doing straight real estate photography I had a client who was renowned for sending me into properties that were actually worse than this!

My all time favorite was and apartment that had a super hairy guy who lived alone and didn't like to do dishes or clean. The sink was FULL of MOLDY plates etc and the bathroom had a THICK coating of hair... it was horrifying! But this agent was my first client when I was trying to re establish the company in the Perth region so I went the extra mile..... his response was to call me Marcia the Magician and add $10,000 to the listing price if he knew I was going in to shoot it.

I was regularly taken out for dinner and drinks! Lol

At the end of the day its your call - I wasn't working for myself and was getting paid one way or the other but if you go the extra mile agents generally recognize that!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
Ps..... hand sanitiser.... loads and loads of hand sanitiser... bottles of it in your car at all times!
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@justinv

Happy 😊 Birthday 🎉

A great candidate for virtual staging instead of a Matterport Spaces 3D Tour?

Shows what is possible: instead of what is.

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Thanks!

This happened to me about a month ago. Like I said, the realtor is my wife's best friend. What I was upset about is that I was slammed that week and I had to go over on Sunday to fit it into my schedule. The pictures really do not do it justice. It was filthy. My phone is several years old. Not the best picture!

@Metroplex360

I do not mind a little cleaning but a deep cleaning, I do not think so! I would have cleaned longer than the matterport would have taken!
Post 18 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@justinv You are so funny! Sorry I missed your birthday too, I hope it was grand!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
@nat_vanveen

The last great birthday I had was 21!

Thanks for the wishes!
Post 20 IP   flag post
101429 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?