Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Is it possible to change the model header name after the link has already been distributed? I have 310 Blue Star Hwy now but decided it would be better to have it read "Restaurant-Bar-Apartment". I don't want to screw it up now that it has gone out to many people.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
You can change anything on the back end and the link/model will update automatically with issues.
Post 2 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy

Go into my.matterport and click button on right that says edit. You can change it there under name. It will not screw up anything.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @fotoguy -

It seems like you might be referring to the title you set inside WP3D Models. In that case, you can easily change the "Title" without any issues (within WP3D & WordPress), but if you want to also update that portion of the URL (technically the "permalink", then any previous links you've sent out stand to become dead ends (404 Error).

Some WordPress hosts (like WPEngine) have a "redirect rules" section that functions outside of WordPress to allow for the ability to create rules that re-route URLs, specifically for situations like this.

Otherwise, there are WordPress plugins that offer the similar "301 Redirect" functionality.

Here's one that has worked well for others:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-301-redirects/

A quick YouTube search revealed this (slightly old) tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLJSbEDyjVc

Hope that helps!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan

I want to change this title to something different but I don't want the links the realtor already sent out to be dead. I'm thinking it will change the link name altogether.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy - If you're just talking about the text inside the Matterport Space, no problem, change it (within your "my.matterport.com" Dashboard) however you please....that won't affect any of the "permalink" details noted before.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
I was able to do it in WP3D and it did not change the link name, so all is good. I downloaded the 301 redirect just in case something changes.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101423 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?