Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceNewbiesPro2Scanning

Our first paid tour5116

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Linked below is our first paid tour. We practiced on our own small house and a friends house first. We've had the camera about 3 1/2 weeks. I would've preferred something a bit smaller and less complicated so early on but I was thankful to get it. I will take any advice or suggestions.

A big shout out to Ross from WP3D who I had a one-hour training class with this week. This wouldn't have looked near as nice without that training.

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
Look very good. How did you get the Caldwell Banker logo on there?
Post 2 IP   flag post
tocha private msg quote post Address this user
It looks beautiful. However, once you go through the apartment you can't get out. Check that.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
Regarding the Coldwell Banker Logo, that was put on in WP3D.

To get out of the apartment you stand at the closed door and there is a white circle towards the bottom of the door that will take you outside. It's almost hidden by the slideshow. We should've done it the way we did to get it where the door was open. Maybe I can change that yet. Thanks for pointing it out.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
When you WP3D the logo in, the file remains on MP server?
Post 5 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy

That is a great space.

Go into the "mesh mode" in workshop. It is in the top right area under view. Go upstairs to apartment and go past laundry room and spin around. You will see that mattertag barely showing up. You have a mesh chard there. You can use the trim tool to get rid of it.

Just to look better, I would name the snapshots.

Let me know if you need more help.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Ghagendorf My understanding is the the logo added by WP3D models is an overlay. Using the WP3D also draws traffic to your website rather than Matterport. This is obviously a good thing for SEO. (You just have to make sure if you have some VERY popular models that you are prepared for the hosting demands. We scanned a number of homes for a client who organizes Home Lotteries and each model was getting 20,000+ views in the course of a couple weeks which led to us having 130,000+ "visits" to our website which led to a sizeable hosting bill for usage overages. It's important to factor considerations like that into your billing).
Post 7 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all...jumping in here re: the WP3D questions.

Great job @fotoguy! You're a fast learner!

With WP3D Models you upload your logo to be saved on your site, and then it can be optionally added as an "overlay". In the forthcoming 3.0 version we've added additional logic to try to determine if the Highlight Reel is present, or not, and adjust the image location accordingly.

The "overlay" logo can be set to display either be your logo (the MSP) or that of your client.

As @Queen_City_3D notes, driving traffic back to YOUR site (with your branding) is great for SEO and your overall brand value/etc. Plus it gives you control over the entire presentation and can be configured to provide additional usage statistics (via Google Analytics), etc.

WP3D Models offers tools to let you supplement Matterport content and it is important to note that the actual Matterport tour DATA is not hosted by you, or your hosting company. That service remains entirely at Matterport and is not data/bandwidth you'll be responsible for as part of your "web hosting" account.

Hope that helps clarify a bit!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocha
It looks beautiful. However, once you go through the apartment you can't get out. Check that.

@tocha, I found on my Iphone that I did get stuck in the hallway but on my laptop I don't. Not sure why that is unless it's a sizing issue. I will look into doing the mesh to fix the problem.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101630 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?