Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

My last scan looked so bad I am suspicous5107

grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user

The quality of the tour is equal to when I started with MP well over a year ago. It is cloudy outside no direct sunlight shining in the windows but that glare is f*** terrible.

So I had this thought. I have done much better tours in much more challenging light situation turning out much much better than this.

What is MP is purposely making this happen so we would buy the new camera? Could this be possible? I am wondering if anybody else is experiencing a degrade in quality.
Post 1 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl In the current climate, I think that's a fair question you pose. Did you try putting into Matterport support about it?
Post 2 IP   flag post
@nat_vanveen I am currently re-processing the tour. If it doesn't improve I will put a ticket in.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl I do see your concerns, lots of haze in high contrast areas.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Helen Yes and the yellow rings that where supposed to be improved.
Post 5 IP   flag post
stepbystep3d private msg quote post Address this user
I see same tearing in my latest scans, I think they need to spend more time improving the scan algorithm's and less marketing new cameras and scan pricing.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@stepbystep3d I know, so true!
Post 7 IP   flag post
@stepbystep3d The algorithm was probably updated to make the new camera fantastic, but has deteriorated the pro 1 as it can not process it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
planned obsolescence?, Hope not!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Helen That could be the case. Just thinking about that makes a lot of sense.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I wasn't able to fix the tearing in my last scan, and as for the pictures I pulled from scan I had to remove the yellow with photoshop before sending to clients.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@grmngrl Like you I have not upgraded my camera! Frankly I am having a hard time even giving Matterport scans away. My main business has always been video/photos. I put out a promotion that I would scan any size home and provide a floor plan for $225 as long as it was booked with a video and photos. I received 0 interest from my clients to add Matterport. I wish this was not the case but video and photos have always been my bread and butter and Matterport a ball and chain.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Helen I think MP business is very depend on location. If a MP provider lives in a larger urban area even if there are other providers the chances that you can sell MP is much higher.

The average home price where I live is $180000 with higher priced houses in the $350000 and up range sometimes not selling for years. There will be a difference in the realtors marketing budget if the average house price is higher.

I would also not survive on MP alone. I would be interested to see one of your videos if you like to share. I put little video slide shows together for my clients.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@grmngrl The average home here is about 450 000. There is another provider in my area but they also do not do many scans. I have always said that the problem with Matterport is that it lacks the emotional factor that you can get with other forms of media. Who buys homes? All in all we do (women) the men might think they do but we always have the final say and we connect with media that has emotion not mechanical viewing. Here is a link to my YouTube channel clickable text
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Helen I like it. Good job!

It might change as younger generations looking into buying homes. They are more tech savvy and maybe instead of a clickable link to view the tour. Zillow and realtor.com could display an embedded tour directly.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@grmngrl No Zillow in Canada and realtor.ca is a lot different then realtor.com. You would not believe the amount of emails I get from the U.S. asking what equipment I use for video and that they were sent to me from realtors in the U.S. for examples of what they want their videos to look like. I am very flattered but there are so many out there that are much better than me! My average time at a house doing video and photos is about 40 minutes.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@grmngrl other note with Matterport I always include a guided tour in the price and WP3D, that is because I just believe it adds to the experience.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
@Helen @grmngrl I agree with you. I've been using a MP camera (1st get) for 3.5yrs with hundreds of models. I've noticed a dramatic change in the models since the Pro 2 has been released. All my models are blown out/ over exposed with very little saturation. I havent had the time to log a support ticket yet but my guess is youre correct "it's the algorithm that was probably updated to make the new camera fantastic, but has deteriorated the pro 1 as it can not process it."

I'm sure the answer from support will be 'go buy a new camera'. I'm looking at other solutions and have even gone back to old school DSLR 360 pano tours.

Not happy!
Post 18 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@Helen Hi Helen I watched a couple of your videos, gosh really beautifully presented and I like your choice of music and some of those sneaky pan around a corner object shots, nice effect
Post 19 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl I am also suspicious about Pro1 decreased in quality. I noticed that in the last 1,5 month scans with blurry areas, zig-zag lines on straight profiles, etc. Every session became harder. We have the camera from 3 year and quality suddenly fell down.
Probably MP is not looking into Pro1 cloud process as before since they have 2 kids in the houzz now
But of course this seems they want to push everyone to buy new camera. Any news from competitors?

Post 20 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl calling out someone for creating and speculating a false narrative is not trolling. Just yesterday, there was an apology on the forum for posting of #fakenews.

Starting a rumor, even with idle chit-chat is just bad form not only for the poster, but for the viral nature of posts.

Sorry you didn't like the tin foil-hat conspiracy joke.

If you have an issue with a scan, file a case, beofre jumping to conclusions without any facts.
Post 21 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@Helen

That is funny, well not funny, that you said all your business comes from pictures/video and can't hardly give away a tour.

I just got into video because I felt the same. I love Matterport but people here don't go for it. I can make more money with video with a lot less time. I am still figuring it all out and starting to build animated logos.

Your videos are awesome and the one that stands out to me is the one posted here with Google earth and you did the fly over your town.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@justinv Thanks I like Google Earth, I started adding it for clients that wanted to show an aerial view but did not necessarily want drone, or for places where drone work was not very practical. Since the Google Earth update I find it a bit jittery though, but maybe it is just my computer not processing the imagery fast enough. If your going to use Google Earth make sure you get a 3D mouse. It makes it so much easier to give that fly over look.
Post 23 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl and anyone who may think there has been a degradation in quality due to a change in the processing algorithm, I suggest you re-process an older model that you were happy with (processed with the old algorithm) and compare the two models. If you see a difference in quality, then there is certainly something to be concerned about. Doing this comparison, we will be able to objectively compare the quality of the 2 algorithms, if in fact the algorithm has changed.

Just a thought,
Jon J
Post 24 IP   flag post
@JonJ Thank you!Great idea.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@andreabortolot Not anything new that I know of. I haven't had much time to keep up with things unfortunately. How are things going in Italy for your business?

I will actually give JonJ suggestion a try and see what happens when I get time.
Post 26 IP   flag post
clickable text

I wanted to share the photos from the tour, I was able to get the photos to have a little less glare.

Re- processing the actual tour did not change anything.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Marcel I bought a used Iris360 and sold it for $170 including still photos. The Realtor was happy. Took me 15 minutes to shoot. clickable text
Post 28 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl looks good. Yes, panos are much less time on site, which is good when you have agents/clients waiting for you. Post takes a bit longer for HDR DSLR but the results are good. clickable text
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Marcel much better quality 2. Very nice.
Post 30 IP   flag post
101641 35 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?