Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

My last scan looked so bad I am suspicous5107

grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@andreabortolot Not anything new that I know of. I haven't had much time to keep up with things unfortunately. How are things going in Italy for your business?

I will actually give JonJ suggestion a try and see what happens when I get time.
Post 26 IP   flag post
clickable text

I wanted to share the photos from the tour, I was able to get the photos to have a little less glare.

Re- processing the actual tour did not change anything.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Marcel I bought a used Iris360 and sold it for $170 including still photos. The Realtor was happy. Took me 15 minutes to shoot. clickable text
Post 28 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl looks good. Yes, panos are much less time on site, which is good when you have agents/clients waiting for you. Post takes a bit longer for HDR DSLR but the results are good. clickable text
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Marcel much better quality 2. Very nice.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepbystep3d
I wasn't able to fix the tearing in my last scan, and as for the pictures I pulled from scan I had to remove the yellow with photoshop before sending to clients.

I've had some Realtors who have seen the marketing piece on not needing to hire a photographer. They know I'm shooting with a Pro-2, so are opting for snapshots. Each time I find a spot that I'd usually shoot with a DSLR, I drop the height, shoot a 360 View, then raise it back up and move back to 3D Mode.

At any rate - I have to remove the yellow also. And, I'm planning on using it to my advantage:

1) Realtor usually uses another photographer who doesn't use Matterport.
2) Realtor thinks they can get snapshots from the Pro-2.
3) I caution as to quality, but deliver. *
4) I offer a Matterport + Photo bundle for next time.
5) I win.

* The Matterport Pro-2 camera delivers excellent quality snapshot images. I don't care what camera you are using, but you would never deliver photos directly from a camera without editing. The Matterport Pro-2 snapshots are JPGs and not RAW images. If the Matterport Pro-2 could output RAW imagery, it would be comparable to a DSLR in a production environment. If you happen to shoot an image in a properly lit environment, you will receive amazing images. This is usually never the case unless you are shooting a model home, a museum or a modern grocery store (bright LED lighting). I quote Matterport by advising that the Pro-2 is a perfect compliment to a photo shoot as it will allow them to take additional shots that may have been missed.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJ
@grmngrl and anyone who may think there has been a degradation in quality due to a change in the processing algorithm, I suggest you re-process an older model that you were happy with (processed with the old algorithm) and compare the two models. If you see a difference in quality, then there is certainly something to be concerned about. Doing this comparison, we will be able to objectively compare the quality of the 2 algorithms, if in fact the algorithm has changed.

Just a thought,
Jon J

Brilliant idea! If I may add - the model might need to be deleted from the Cloud before reuploading - as when you reupload, it only uploads the changes in window, mirror and trim markers. I'm not sure if it reprocesses the photography and would assume it only regenerates the 3D Mesh. Any thoughts on this?
Post 32 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 just wondering if that would use and additional upload credit or cost? Also, if you delete the scan you don't have anything to compare it 2. But it would be good to know if it doesn't really reprocess the whole model unless it is deleted. Thank you.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, I've had the time reload an old model and compare the results. There is a definite increase of brightness and less contrast. Although it's not extreme it's enough to overexposure a scan where there is a lot of external ambient light. The colours also look 'washed out'. I can understand they trying to make the internals lighter but without true HDR the windows will always 'blow out'. It would be nice if we had control over these kinds of post production settings.

Post 34 IP   flag post
@Marcel thank you for the examples. It is a big difference. I do agree that I would like to have more control over the brightness and other settings.
Post 35 IP   flag post
101641 35 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?