Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro1Pro2Scanning

We've come a long way baby4994

HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I did a new tour today of a rental cottage that's been updated which I scanned 1.5 years ago. The difference is astounding (not the cottage, the MP). Matterport has come a long way, from "isn't it neat that we can move through a house," to pretty [redacted] good imagery! This also demonstrates how I've improved my scanning proficiency perhaps. I leave that judgement to the viewer. The new one is with Pro2 camera. I share this prior to deleting the older scan, so watch quickly.

February, 2016

July, 2017
Post 1 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright a beaut job indeed! Why don't you record your first scan with video capture like with Camtasia or Screenflow so you can keep the example... such a shame to just kill it
Post 2 IP   flag post
AND! I held my breath and left the Nikon in the car. The stills extracted from this model are just fine. Plus, I found interesting angles I never would have shot in the wild. [Hint: leave viewing angle at -70 in workshop as you wander around the model. You can crop later.]
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
The scan spots are smooth int eh new one. Doing much better than I back then with my camera in a few mirrors. But your reflections are gone in the newer one. Nice Work!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
Love it! Looks like the stitching is much better in the door frames; looks like a new camera is in my future. Thanks for sharing.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright First off Kiwis and Americans have a very different definitions of a cottage! This place is epic I absolutely love it and the updated scan is so crisp in comparison! I did notice one thing though...

It was when I went upstairs...
Post 6 IP   flag post
This is a Sea Island thing, not an American thing, I can assure you. Thanks for pointing out the 4th dimension portal. I have sent it off to tech support for analysis. This is the first job where I left the Nikon in the car and extracted stills from the model. It worked just fine! And I generated twice the number of shots I would have made.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@HarlanHambright
Glad to be of assistance - If only I could have entered it and ended up on the other side of the world lol. I'm admittedly a wee bit envious and wish we could get a new camera now!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I would like to be in NZ right now. I sailed for a week as a hand on the Endeavour replica which was crewed by Kiwis and Aussies. It was great! I was offered a job as a mate in the galley, but alas . . .
Post 9 IP   flag post
@HarlanHambright
Wow awesome! I assure you its not a great time right now we have had a front come through and its freezing snow all over the show!

Everyone has been pretty happy with our win of the America's Cup though with parades still going on across the country!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright - Did you, by chance, hit cancel and then rescan that scene with the glitch in it? There were some issues during testing that looked a bit like this.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 - I don't remember. There's a chance I did but can't remember why I would have at that point. First MP tech can't find anything in the mesh, but the sconce light is weird there. I'm thinking it's a time travel portal. Or a covfefe.
Post 12 IP   flag post
AndrewWilliam23 private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright Your current new Pro2 camera scan is superb! Your more seasoned skills and knowledge as a Matterport photographer plus the help of the new Pro2 camera really shows off where you're at now. Fantastic work Harlan! My Pro2 will be here by the end of this month or first few weeks in August....can't wait. You've inspired me!
Post 13 IP   flag post
101436 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?