Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Highlights ReelMatterport Workshop

MP Highlights Reel Slide Show or Walkthrough4988

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Do you include a Highlights Reel in your Matterport Spaces?

If so, do you prefer Slide Show or Walkthrough (and why?)

If you use Walkthrough, do you prefer to use use a few Snapshots at extreme corners of the space so that you can long, continuous, smooth transitions through the entire house or do your prefer every 10 feet or so as you would "walk through" the house?

While We Get Around Atlanta typically creates a Highlights Reel for all Matterport Spaces, we typically always set it to Slide Show.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Highlight reels almost always included, and I'm all for the Walkthrough with camera panning disabled (courtesy WP3D models).

I try to pick a starting point and then "walk" the viewer through the entire house.

I find the "slideshow" highlight reel doesn't give the same sense of reference to where you are in relation to your last position, whereas the walkthrough allows them to see where they came from. Just my opinion.

For example:

https://queencity3d.com/3d-models/55-602-cartwright-street/fullscreen-nobrand
Post 2 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Lizzg private msg quote post Address this user
Timely topic. I have not done slide show, as I'm not too fond of them. I am currently trying to build a SMOOTH walk through for new client. Lots of weird mesh looking transitions. Away from computer now, but will have a look at yours QueenCity. This could be an awesome new client.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
How do you get it to be so smooth and slow!? I've tried so many different transition speeds.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Lizzg I just use the default settings but disable panning. I also add a lot of snapshot locations so maybe that makes a difference? That one had 38 positions.
Post 5 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I do walk thru for everything and I always start my camera in a start position. The camera goes clock wise and the start position of each transition seems to start where positioned the camera when I move to each new scan position and know that the camera will start where I positioned it.... Make sense ???
Post 6 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Thank you Queen_City_3D and DouglasMeyers!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
I prefer walk throughs over slide show. If it is a large house I will have the walk through go long distances (vs every 6 feet) to speed it up. I prefer walk throughs that show the highlights of the house, not everything. Let people go back and take a self guided tour to see the rest.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101729 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?