Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewPricingScansStrategy

Cost of Matterport Scans Processing Changes?4904

tocha private msg quote post Address this user
I am trying to get a movement going to change some pricing structure at Matterport. Please let me know your opinion of the following ideas and if you like, send a link to this post to raise awareness and get traction.

I believe Matterport (and MSPs) would increase their bottom line by changing their processing fees. An idea of this would be:

up to 10 scans Free
10-25 scans 4.95
25-50 scans 9.95
50-100 scans 19.95
100-150 scans 29.95
150-210 scans 39.95

This would open up more experimentation and discovery of more applications for the medium. It would encourage MSPs to safely venture into new territories and open up new opportunities. In return Matterport would have (I believe) a huge uptick in processing fees.

Thoughts??
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea, but they'll never go for it
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
I love it. I think that’s a great plan!
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@tocha
I agree with up to 10 scans free. I am not as big a fan of the rest. For me I over scan most properties in an attempt to look at the end project and turn off scans I don't like but not restricted to a simple.walk thru of only the scan points captured. I also have found when I convert to point cloud the point cloud is better. So increasing the price would not work for me but I understand your concert.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ShowcasePros private msg quote post Address this user
I appreciate the effort. Matterport investors will see that as "French for the word less". I doubt that they will even consider it. I really think 19 for small and 38 for large is pretty manageable. I'm only interested if they raise the price. Thoughts?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@chemistrydocQuote:
Originally Posted by Chemistrydoc
Great idea, but they'll never go for it
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
@tocha
I agree with up to 10 scans free. I am not as big a fan of the rest. For me I over scan most properties in an attempt to look at the end project and turn off scans I don't like but not restricted to a simple.walk thru of only the scan points captured. I also have found when I convert to point cloud the point cloud is better. So increasing the price would not work for me but I understand your concert.
I am talking about reducing the pricing based on processed scans not sure I follow where you see a price increase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowcasePros
I appreciate the effort. Matterport investors will see that as "French for the word less". I doubt that they will even consider it. I really think 19 for small and 38 for large is pretty manageable. I'm only interested if they raise the price. Thoughts?
What would be less about it? I would think if they did the numbers they would see much more.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
You are right to early in the morning.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€. I just need to go back to bed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
It will become quite difficult to trace costs and double check your scans with MP, now it's quite simple and I include a standard rate into the scan cost.

I don't want to quote a client for 50 scans and then starts to stress when I see that I will be using more on a project.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC3DCX
It will become quite difficult to trace costs and double check your scans with MP, now it's quite simple and I include a standard rate into the scan cost.

I don't want to quote a client for 50 scans and then starts to stress when I see that I will be using more on a project.

Quote your projects the same. The customer has no idea what you pay Matterport unless you tell them. What this structure would allow is the opportunity for MSPs to think outside the real estate box. Do you think a car dealer will pay $30 per car just so you can cover your processing fee and make a couple of dollars? What about a sculpture or work of art or a tiny house? The way the processing pricing is being treated now is limiting the MSPs thinking. (IMHO)
Post 9 IP   flag post
101437 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?