Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,046 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
NewbiesScanningScansTips

Pre Scan Checklist488

smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Was wondering what people have as a checklist of sorts before doing a scan to make it a good one?

I found this thread which is great too Tips and Tricks Thread but I'm after a more condensed pre scan checklist

So from what I've read to start a few...

1. Make sure doors are open. (This creates more points for processing)
2. Walk through with client or alone to check property is as it should be and identify possible problems.

What are other things you check off before scanning?
Post 1 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
As Dan stated in his tips, make sure you dress the property. In other words tidy up each room and position anything in the shot to look presentable, I've even moved items from one location to another to dress up a shot, but don't keep using the same thing in every shoot . Address each room as if you were shooting stills so you get the best captures.

On other tip is to always have a few door stops to hold open any doors that have automatic closures so your model flows smoothly
Post 2 IP   flag post
falconshakka private msg quote post Address this user
door stops are a very useful item to have in your bag
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
Fort Worth, TX
3dHouseScan private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a snipit of what I put together whenever I started. I make sure to do the following before every scan. I realized that things are better with checklists
Post 4 IP   flag post
svensson private msg quote post Address this user
i found it also handy to bring along a charger for the ipad which you can plugin in your car, so drive while you charge up.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
We Get Around blog posts:

Matterport Pro 3D Camera Top 10 Best Practices

25 Tips for Using the Matterport Pro 3D Camera to Capture a Commercial Construction Site

25 Tips for Using the Matterport Pro 3D Camera to Capture College Buildings

10 Tips for Shooting Outdoors with the Matterport Pro 3D Camera

Breaking Our Top 10 Rules for Creating Great Matterport 3D Showcase Tours

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
falconshakka private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Dan what about a quick charger for the camera ...anyone know of any fast chargers for the camera
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@falconshakka

I recall capturing for 12 hours on one charge, so I never bought the inverter car charger cable for the Matterport camera.

Matterport Car Charger Inverter Cable (USA)

http://support.matterport.com/support/solutions/articles/1000090717-additional-matterport-camera-chargers-and-charging-in-a-car

Because the iPad will not go 12 hours on one charge, I always charge the iPad Air via a battery in my pocket. iPad batteries are on my Matterport Gear and Accessories shopping list ... (Including various door stops and bubble levels)

http://www.we-get-around.com/wegetaround-atlanta-our-blog/2014/8/4/we-get-around-matterport-pro-3d-camera-gear-and-accessories

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101587 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?