Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseOutdoorsScanningScansTips

Group Photos Just Got Fun Again!4829

3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
So, Our church owns a Totally Free Summer Youth Camp in Northeast Tennessee. My primary role is that of Youth Pastor at one of our campuses, and being a MSP and all around AV Nerd to the core, It's my responsibility to bring the tech experience to a new level.

This year, instead of a typical group photo, we decided to create a Matterport Space of the "CampiTheatre" (My Son-in-Law coined the phrase because it is an Amphitheater at Camp) We called it a 3D Freeze.

It was only a few scan spots as a solid 3D Model was not the goal and I wasn't about to be able to get them still any longer than we absolutely had to. (took about 17min. total) Uploading the model took all of 20-30 seconds and the finished space was ready for post work in less than 2 hours. The kids are excited about it and I expect it to get tons of shares and hopefully generate a good bit of buzz for the camp and youth group.

Here is the Basic Version:

Here is the Skinned Version using WP3D
Post 1 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
Great imagination and organisation skills
Post 2 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
wow nice, I have also tried something like this and the people could just not usnderstand what keeping still meant, and it was not even such a big crowd. how did you bribe them to do it?

Its definatly going to get a lot of clics...
Post 3 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
Thanks guys. I told them it was brand new tech that wasn't designed to be used outdoors or on humans so I couldn't be held liable for what would happen if they moved. I told them it could turn them into a blob. 😁😂😂
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ArtisticConcepts

Made me tingle. (Really). SO EXCITING to see how you pushed the limits of the tech (and the campers).

it!

And, SO AMAZING that the kids are STILL and SMILING.

#bestpeoplescanever

How did the Matterport Videos and GIFs turn-out?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
@DanSmigrod,

Thank you! They were not that great, but if I had added a few more spots behind the band or the campers, the model would be more solid and the video would have been better. I'll post them anyway tonight or tomorrow am. :-)

God Bless,
Chris
Post 6 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@ArtisticConcepts That is really cool Chris!! I didn't think MP could do that well in night light... and your imaginative use of the BLOB is really funny haha The kids really nailed it! I liked the FB page too.
Post 7 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
#matterportmannequinchallenge
Post 8 IP   flag post
101425 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?