Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Automated BillingMoonClerkStripeSubcontracting

Scanning for Another Matterport Pro4797

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A Member of the Forum reached out to me with this backstory and question.

How would you reply?

Best,

Dan

----

I was reading the thread about subcontracting for someone else and [another Pro has expressed interest in engaging me].

I'm [a Matterport Service Provider] in [location].

I have really been focusing on shooting businesses although I still do some real estate.

I was recently contacted via my website of a photographer in [location] looking for me to scan [location].

I'd love to be able to contract that out, just the shoot. I'd edit, add tags ect.. and take a small percentage but - and this is key to my business model - I'd charge businesses monthly/annual hosting fees. So all I'd need is someone to shoot it and upload it to my account, which I have never done. I

t seems straight forward but I'm sure I'm missing out on some critical issues. Besides qualifying the shooter and the client, what other concerns/issues should I be considering?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Here's what I would write ...

Hello [redacted]

Thanks for reaching out. About your questions:

1. Outsourcing - You can Find a Matterport Pro here (or PM me if you don't locate one in your area. We'll find one!
2. Non-Compete - You'll want a non-compete agreement. See the We Get Around Sample Forms Library
3. Publishing to your Matterport account - Add the Pro as a Collaborator by giving them a guest email address that you have set up as a collaborator. This email address will only have access to one Folder that they can publish the model. This way, they can not see any of your other Matterport Spaces
4. Pricing - Yes. Encourage you to charging monthly/annual hosting. We use Stripe and MoonClerk to do this (Tip: How to do automatically monthly billing)
4. Quoting - I could imagine that your perspective client wants a "buy-out" of the Matterport Space (and published to their Matterport Cloud Hosting) Double-check on the scale and scope of the work before quoting. While you might not get this project, for future business, I like where you are headed ...

Please let me know how it goes.

By the way, if you let me know which Pro is reaching out to you, I may be able to add some value to your discussions.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
101629 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?