Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceIndustryMarketingSellTips

Preschool Marketing Dept. Concerns4602

3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I scanned my daughters pre-school a few months ago. The franchise owner loved it and wants me to scan a new one they are having built. For the time being they only have it on their Facebook page. Their franchise business consultant also loved it and wanted to know if I had a presentation that I could send him. So, I created an awesome presentation and sent it to him.

This is his response after I sent him an email telling him that I would be able to add the tours to Google Street View.

"As you know I'm personally impressed by the technology of your service. That being said, I'm getting some pushback from our marketing folks. They're concerned the virtual tour may discourage personal visits, removing the advantage of on-site interaction. 
With this positioning, I'm not sure I can move this tool forward. 
My best approach will probably be to revisit the idea when more open minded discussions present themselves. I'll be sure to keep you in mind in the event this opportunity arises." 

I tried to stress in the presentation how great it would be for a family moving to a new area to be able to tour a preschool before moving hundreds or thousands of miles. I'm speaking from experience. My family moved almost 2.5 yrs. ago and had no idea where our daughter was going to go to preschool. I would have been amazing to tour a school ahead of time. Instead of scrambling to tour in person after moving. I don't think their view of "discourage personal visits, removing the advantage of on-site interaction" is warranted. I mean, what kind of parent would enroll their preschool age child in a school without a personal visit?

I'm so sorry to be long winded. I just need some help with a response.
Thank you all.
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
All I know is in this market of ours more people want to see things from the comfort of their homes. This is Old School thinking.
Ad a piece of video to it of the Principle Welcoming all new parents and kids to the school or any video that will pull them in.
I hear that from once in awhile but it really is not the way of digital marketing which is what the World does these days ...Good Luck..
Post 2 IP   flag post
OpenHouseOptics private msg quote post Address this user
Statistics show that people go where they are familiar - if anything, them seeing it online will encourage a site visit AND increase enrollment because parents feel like they KNOW the environment.

It's based on the same psychology we use when teaching fire safety or mass panic situations, look for the exits that are OPPOSITE of where you came in because people will go the way they are most familiar.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101429 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?