Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceTips

My First Paying Scan4587

Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user

Hi everyone! Here is my first paying scan. Please go through it and give me pointers for improvement. I definitely learned that camera placement path is pretty important to a smooth tour. I was really glad that I was able to scan the decks since they are a huge feature of this home.

Any pointers are very welcome!

PS: This is the referral I received thanks to the We Get Around Network! Thanks @DanSmigrod!

Thanks,

RichieRichKs
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Richierichks Congratulations! May I provide the measure of your showcase?
Here is the screen shoot from our JuMP-ME v2.0

Post 2 IP   flag post
VRPM private msg quote post Address this user
Looks nice, one thing though, how low did you set the camera? Looks quite low.

Also, there seems to be a glitch in one of the ground floor bedrooms. This could be something to do with a mirror placement?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@JuMP Thanks! I did use your earlier version to calculate it when I got finished.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@VRPM It was set at about 4' 6". There was a conversation on here about that and a lot of people said that they kept it around there. Also, it is common for real estate photographers to shoot from this height. They say that you want to see floor more than ceiling. I probably should have gone higher considering the high ceilings.

What is the glitch? Is it the half circle inside the door? I wasn't sure what that was about.
Post 5 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@Richierichks

i would guess the mirror markings are not marked or backwards in the masterbath. I have even marked them as windows before! Go in workshop and go into mesh mode. You should be able to figure out where that is coming from if you go into that room.

Everything else looks good. If possible, I would try to do scan in straight lines.

One other thing, I like how you dodged mirrors but I would do a safety scan in the doorway of the bathrooms. You can hide that in workshop. Is what will happen is it will align while you are there but aftwards you cannot go into the bathroom. It will only take a couple of extra minutes each job. I promise it is better than having to go back to get the bathroom.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@justinv Thanks! Yes, I learned the bathroom doorway thing the hard way this time......I had to go back.

I just looked in the Capture app and saw that where I marked the bathroom mirror somehow was out in the bedroom. Do I have to fix it in Capture and then re-upload it? If I do that, will that add another instance of the tour? That's what happened when I added the additional scans I went back for.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Richierichks

Yes you will do it in capture app and upload it again. It will give you a new url but it will not charge for another upload.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
OK, thanks @justinv !

The funny thing is, I don't remember it being that way when I first finished the tour. I ordered the floor plans, do think there is a way that they could have moved it?

Is there a way to delete the old versions so they don't take up space? Also, Will I have to do snapshots, and highlight reel again? That would really suck!
Post 9 IP   flag post
No because they capture app is the only place to move it.

Yes you have to redo everything. What else did you have planned?

Do you use WP3D models? If not, you should!

I normally don't use the highlight reel but when I do, I name the pictures. You do this in workshop. Go to the snapshots and when you highlight one, a box on right will come up. Just change the name they call it. If you cannot figure it out, I will login and tell you play by play!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
I haven't named the pics. I was going to use the highlight reel for the guided tour. Is there another way? She also want's a video of the tour. I do use WP3D models. I know this will help keep the external links that I am using the same.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Video of tour? Guided tour that plays automatically?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Yeah, when you push the play button on the lower left corner and it goes through the snapshots in the order that you set them up and pan in each location. I don't really know of another way to do it.
Post 13 IP   flag post

Here is an example with the pictures labeled.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Yeah, that's pretty cool! I saw that on one when you posted it the other day. I will do that on the new upload. At least I will be able to record the video off of this tour since it doesn't seem to affect that.

I've been trying to figure out how she can use the tour with websites like Zillow, Fizber and Forsalebyowner.com since you can't put it there. I have built her a single property website so she can link to it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Richierichks

You can put a video on zillow.

clickable text

Look at the first picture.

My wife doesn't have an active listing because she just started, but as soon as she does, I will figure out how to put Matterport up there!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@justinv

Very Nice! Maybe someday I'll be that good! Approximately what did you charge for that shoot? Did you do the photography and drone photography too?

It would be awesome to be able to post to Zillow! If you figure it out let me know!

Thanks for your help!
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Richierichks

I wish I could claim that as my work! I am just getting into video and I happened to see that video go across Facebook. I looked it up and there was the video in picture slot #1! I can guess but not sure how much he charged for that. I know someone who he did a 2-3 minute video for and charged almost $3,000. I would guess about 1/2 that?
Post 18 IP   flag post
I just wanted to show you that your client can post your video to zillow!
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
I think Zillow charges like $149 to p0st professional video unless the realtor is a premier agent.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I asked someone who does a lot of videos and they said they don't have to pay. Zillow has a program for photographers and you upload 10 videos. If they like them, they continue to let you do it. If not, it is $150.
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
@justinv you may have something there. I saw a video provider in the northeast US promote that they post all videos they do to Zillow.
Post 22 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
I am a Zillow certified photographer and am part of a pilot program which allows me to post professional video with no additional cost. I am not sure if they have opened up the program, but I will ask my contact and find out.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@JonJ

I just signed up last week and that is the deal they gave me.

She said that if I do them on all my houses, I can upload professional videos I get paid to do for free instead of the phone videos.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@frstbubble

I think that guy you are talking about is named Fred. If it is the same guy, he said on a Facebook page he does 4-5 a day M-F and gets several hundred dollars each. I think all his are considered premium videos and not with a phone but I could be wrong.
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
@justinv and @JonJ Thanks for the info.

@justinv where did you sign up? Can you provide a link?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Here's the link to sign up.
clickable text
Post 27 IP   flag post
Jonj beat me to it!
Post 28 IP   flag post
@frstbubble

I would fill out that form. Then download the Zillow app. I believe you can start uploading from there and they will just add that to your account manager.

Do you have a stabilizer for a cell phone? You will need that or maybe a slider for the videos.

@JonJ

Do you do premium videos too?
Post 29 IP   flag post
@justinv,

I recently started doing the "premium" videos. Here is a listing that I did one for. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Zillow Premium Video Listing

This video was done with my DSLR. I used a slider and a fluid pan drag head for my tripod. I have also shot "walkthrough" style videos using a 3-axis gimble stabilizer and 4k camera.

Thanks,
Jon J
Post 30 IP   flag post
101429 34 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?