Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

How to sell in a hot market?4544

TourMySpace private msg quote post Address this user
I live in an area that has a very hot market (Toronto). Houses are selling on average 3 days and 10s of thousands over listed price. I am getting a lot of rejection from realtors because the feel it is a waste of time and money because the house is going to sell in a matter of days.

Any tips?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@TourMySpace

Sounds like this problem is keeping you up at night. You posted at 1:00 AM. 😎

Win more and bigger listings more often.

If you potential Client is a Broker:

Win more and bigger listings more often and help recruit tech-savvy agents.

(Note: your marketing needs to stay laser-sharp focused on how you will help your client make more money. Period.)

Use these four questions and wait for the answers:

1. Are you winning 100 percent of your listing NH presentations?
2. Are your listings as big as you would like?
3. Are you doing as many listings annually as you would like?
4. Broker: do you have as many tech-savvy agents as you would like?

You need to stay focused on your clients' problems and selling a house faster is likely NOT on their top three list of problems ... unless they are at risk of losing their exclusive on the listing.

When your potential clients acknowledge their problems - and you show them how you will help solve their problems (whether that is Matterport, iGuide, immoviewer, drone, video, painted rocks, etc.), you will succeed faster.

And be likable. People want to do business with people they like. So be natural, authentic and lighten-up as you are with your friends (that like you).

Show your potential client how to get the next listing; not help sell a listing s/he already has (because it will sell in a hot market and most agents do not care if it sells faster).

Now that you have a new strategy to help your clients differentiate their marketing plan from agents that do not use your solution, please report back about your results.

Can you sleep now? 1 🐑 2 🐑🐑 3 🐑🐑🐑 💤💤💤

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
What @DanSmigrod said.

You need to sell agents on using the tech to help them GET the listings, not to help them sell the listings, that way it becomes an investment, not a cost.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
How many offers are they getting in 3 days?

How many people are missing out on seeing the house that are waiting til the weekend to tour homes?

Gain interest from out of town-ers who cannot get to the listing fast enough.

If a family member like mom and dad want to see the home too, well that hurdle can be leaped over quickly.

Win over the agents next listing with an agent who uses technology as mentioned by Queen_City_3D.

Encourage bidding wars with more interest being gained by those who understand the rush to see the home.

If that doesn't work, then the agents are cheap and making excuses. My town has a lot of 1% listing agents the other agents feeling compelled to compete by offering the same with no marketing.

I'm with ya, loosing sleep knowing Matterport does not yet sustain a decent income.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
I agree that the focus is on the agent getting more listings - not on selling the house. I am a broker and was the first in my area to shoot aerials of my listings. It wasn't long before sellers started asking agents, "do you take those aerial photos like agent x?". Then those other agents started calling me asking me to shoot aerials for them so they could compete. I am seeing the same pattern with Matterport now. Sellers are asking the agents they interview if they do that "3D thingy", and they are being forced answer yes. Then they call me! Agents need to sell themselves when they go into a listing appointment - which is much more challenging than selling a house. The house generally sells itself in a hot market. If you can push their hot button with Matterport being a tool to help them win the listing, rather than being a tool to sell the house, I think you'll do great!
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@TourMySpace
I can totally relate with your issue. In our area we have the same problem, the last three homes I did 750-1.25 Million homes have sold while I was doing the scans. Each receiving multiple offers and the last which was the most expensive had three offers while I was there and contracted out at 1.35 million the next day. The brokers office is a large office with over 100 agents which has their own Matterport camera that nobody uses. We only have 3 agents in the office and the sentiment is why use Matterport or us with houses selling in 3-10 days with IPhone photos and in some cases like the three homes I was at with nothing other than a few still shoots. So its been an uphill battle in the last year and we have lost 5 agents specifically to this. Trying to get new agents has been almost impossible. So I feel your pain.

The Matterport leads have not panned out at all either. The last three leads from them I have offered totally free scans with no restrictions in an attempt just to gain a face to face meeting with these agents and have got nothing.

So that is where we are at.

Ron
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?