Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceGiraffe360Pricing

Giraffe 360 camera - Matterport threat?4536

tomasdunbar private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone purchased or used the Giraffe360 camera? A friend of mine saw them showcasing it at an event in London last week and was very impressed with it. I cannot find anything on pricing though?
See their website and example here -
clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
ELAN42 private msg quote post Address this user
Image quality seems to be very good (and better than Matterport),
BUT it misses 100% of the 3D part,
and walking from a scan position to another,
and the dollhouse.

Also the "save the cost of a photographer" slogan is the reason I closed their website immediately.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like a bog standard 360 virtual tour to me.

Also - you don´t pay for the camera, you pay only for the properties that are captured... Tells me there´s a licensing and cost arrangement that´s not very photographer beneficial.
Post 3 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone can do the same thing using anything from a smartphone to a DSLR using Kolor,3DVista or any number of 360 apps and deliver and even better tour. The end result is you own everything including the 360 tour.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ah ok i see. Thanks for replying. I still not see how much they are charging anywhere
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
The thing is what will the cost be and what will they provide. But definitely caught my eye.

Ron
Post 6 IP   flag post
LetMe3D private msg quote post Address this user
I love their marketing concept "Eliminate costs of hiring a photographer".

Really know? Have at it then mates. I am going to be come @GarySynders new best friend. Seems everybody has their own stack of chips in this game lets see who folds first.

Who is willing to bet on Giraffe still being here 5 years from now?
Post 7 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Horrible.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Founder/CEO
Giraffe360
London, England
MikusOpelts private msg quote post Address this user
Hello guys,

I'm the co-founder of Giraffe360. Thought it would be valuable to express our view, but will not engage in conversation about what is better or what is not so that it up for discussion and everyone personal (professional) opinions. 

Giraffe360 is a service.
We have developed hardware, multiple software's and post-processing technology, that enables with no specific knowledge create virtual tours, photography and floor plan. 
Quality is important for our team panorama has 270 megapixels, photographies are professional quality, floor plans are accurate, for us all these contents are equally important.

We don't see ourselves as a competitor to Matterport since our goal has never been to develop 3D camera.

Our mission is to develop effortless service through technology that any property company, professional, service provider can use to elevate easy property documentation and presentation in varies online forms, web, social media or VR environment.
We believe that there is to much time and job now everyone has to put in to create everyday property content in good quality. 

If you have nay questions about the technology, you can reach out to me [via Private Message].

best of luck,

P.S. Service now is available only in the UK and few cities in Europe. 
Post 9 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for opening up and at least giving us an introduction. Can you give a break down on the process and cost? Will you be expanding to the US in the near future? Any other information on the work flow or please private message me.

Ron
Post 10 IP   flag post
qpoisson private msg quote post Address this user
Is the floor plan generated automatically ? It's amazing if it is automated without using LIDAR or depth camera like matterport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikusOpelts
Hello guys,

I'm the co-founder of Giraffe360. Thought it would be valuable to express our view, but will not engage in conversation about what is better or what is not so that it up for discussion and everyone personal (professional) opinions. 

Giraffe360 is a service.
We have developed hardware, multiple software's and post-processing technology, that enables with no specific knowledge create virtual tours, photography and floor plan. 
Quality is important for our team panorama has 270 megapixels, photographies are professional quality, floor plans are accurate, for us all these contents are equally important.

We don't see ourselves as a competitor to Matterport since our goal has never been to develop 3D camera.

Our mission is to develop effortless service through technology that any property company, professional, service provider can use to elevate easy property documentation and presentation in varies online forms, web, social media or VR environment.
We believe that there is to much time and job now everyone has to put in to create everyday property content in good quality. 

If you have nay questions about the technology, you can reach out to me. +44 7745137344  , mikus@giraffe360.com. 

best of luck,

P.S. Service now is available only in the UK and few cities in Europe. 
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@StevenHattan - Anything Steve says carries big weight!
Post 12 IP   flag post
From a couple of emails back and forth with them, they will be giving away the camera free to some select businesses, probably not a lot. They will then charge 99 per model to process and upload it. Think there is a small monthly fee also but hard to find more info on it.
Post 13 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV Hahaha....every once and a while I peek my nose into the forum, give a straight up honest opinion and move on with my day.

Correct me if I'm wrong, haha, but if your comment wasn't dripping with sarcasm I'd be shocked. Love it!!

My 'HORRIBLE' comment is very valid and on many levels. Maybe not so much as the product itself but the marketing and perceptions it gives is horrible. It's combative, it's demeaning (just like when Matterport says "It's so easy, a blind monkey can do it", blah, blah.

There are many ways a product can be marketed to create harmony in an industry. I'm not sure this is an example.

With that said, I would certainly consider their product if it made sense and it provided a solution that my clients would pay for.

Just like Matterport. I don't agree with a lot of their marketing decisions but I like their technology and make money from it.

Horrible marketing does NOT mean a BAD product.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Pauluploadabode private msg quote post Address this user
To be fair to @MikusOpelts his product is great and I was very impressed by his pitch for investment at London Proptech. The quality of image is much better than matterport but it still felt more 360 than 3d. I can see it working for traditional estate agents in the uk who charge £3-5000 per property so won't mind paying £99 processing, but for smaller independents it won't work.
My understanding is to get the camera for free you need to be doing 10 jobs a month therefore generating just under £1,000 of payment.
I wish him luck but rather than switch product I hope that Matterport can improve their own image quality.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101426 15 15