Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a way to expand the blur on the area of the tripod on a tour? My tripod has a part that is showing up in the processed scan.

Thanks!

Richard
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
Assuming it's the handle... you can not use a tripod with a hand controller. It will always peek in.
Post 2 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@Richierichks don't let the buttom legs out just raise the middle column where the camera is mounted.
Post 3 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
In theory, you could slightly tilt the camera from level and this should increase the blur area in the tour. However, I do not recommend this and it is not a solution for 360 views. Instead, I recommend purchasing a tripod like this one.

clickable text

I have been using this tripod for over a year and have over 200 scans on it. It is compact and light. It has a ball head that is very easy to adjust and does not move once tightened. The footprint is small and has an adjustable center post if you require additional height.

Good luck!
Jon
Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post
@grmngrl,

In my experience, the tripod you are using is very well built, and have on as a backup. However, I do not recommend this tripod since the leg locks use a clamp system that relies on a piece of hard plastic to apply pressure to lock the legs in place. Over time, this plastic piece will wear away and the legs may start to slip. This is what happened to me after the first year of use.

Just my 2c,
Jon
Post 6 IP   flag post
@JonJ have my tripod almost 2 years and no slipping if any sorts. I use it not only for MP. I had the tripod you recommended first and the legs slid in despite being tight up. You can also buy new clamps from Manfroto. The tripod was over $300 but it is a lifetime that you can use it. Everything is replaceable on it to my understanding.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
@3dVuz Yes, I am using a tripod with a pan/tilt head for video. I guess I will look for a way to modify it or purchase and additional one for the Matterport.

Thanks!
Post 8 IP   flag post
@grmngrl,
That is surprising! Perhaps I had a defective Manfroto unit. The tripod that I use has metal ferruels for the locking mechanism and it is a 2 stage lock system. I know that there are tripods that look similar to the one I recommended, but they may have plastic ferruels and only a single stage lock system.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@JonJ i think it shows that we can have different experiences with the same kind of equipment.
Post 10 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmngrl
@JonJ i think it shows that we can have different experiences with the same kind of equipment.

Isn't this in almost every post about Matterport? Some people love it, some hate it!
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

@JonJ

While the ball head works for you, I would be concerned for newly minted Matterport Pros buying this tripod - and not being familiar with ball heads - have the camera topple over.

I recommend:

Manfrotto MT190XPRO 4 ($188) – because the 4-section tripod fits in a roll board suitcase
paired with ...
Desmond DLEV-1 Leveler Level, plus Discal Clamp for Tripod ($64) - the quick leveling saves wearing out the tripod for adjustments

By pairing the 4-section tripod with the Desmond Leveler, I can:

✓ lower the Matterport Camera to a lower eye-height
✓ level the camera easier and faster without stressing the tripod legs

The 4-section tripod is a better solution than the 3-section version for optimizing height and as well as for Camera stability.

The Desmond DLEV-1 Leveler Level still needs the addition of a bubble level. (The tripod bubble is not the right solution for Matterport Pros. It's awkward, at best, at helping level the camera. (I use a bubble level on every scan.)

I also bought a Manfrotto 438 3/8 Ball Camera Leveler ($82.95) to compare to the Desmond DLEV-1 level.

Unfortunately, with the Manfrotto Leveler adjusting handle can not move freely with the Sunwayfoto MAC-14 60mm Clamp.

I did not test using the Clamps recommend by Matterport. (though looking at pictures I would anticipate the same problem.)

The Desmond leveling solution is simply better, easier and faster to do the adjustment and you do not need the Sunwayfoto Clamp (since the clamp is built into the Desmond DLEV-1 leveler.)

To continue reading my article, please visit this We Get Around blog post.

Best,

Dan

P.S. We Get Around Matterport Camera Gear and Accessories ...

Post 12 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Dan
I use the Desmond Leveler without the Discal Clamp (not sure what is that discal clamp for anyway).
It is very good for leveling the camera in each shot (I use a small circular buble level - a couple of dollars in Home Depot).
The only problem that I have found with the Desmond Leveler is that in some way the camera shakes when it rotates, it is an almost unnoticeable movement, but sometimes I get the "unstable camera" warning from the Matterport Capture App. Nothing happens and the images are fine, but it is something that surprised me and made me wonder how to solve it.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101429 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?