Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase

My First Exhibition Scan 37,073 square foot4434

abalkhail private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

I have completed my first scan of an exhibition in Saudi, the exhibition space was 37,073 square feet (11383 M2) using 200 scans, working time 4 hours.
Because of the limited 200 scan, I have not been able to scan the booths and so in the Dollhouse does not show correctly, need your opinion about adding the Dollhouse or remove it?

here is the expo:
clickable text

Best Regards
Abdullah
Post 1 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
@abalkhail Really Nice Job! I would not keep the dollhouse view but that's only one opinion. How long did it take you?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you for replying, this was done in 4 hours.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CelisNet private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, great job! I still keep the dollhouse, maybe is not perfect but it gives you a true perspective of the size of the show and will let you move to different places quicker.

But in the end it will depend on the client.

Congrats on the job.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@abalkhail If you had not already heard this, I wanted to encourage you to go beyond the 200 scan limit. There are models out there that exceed 300 scans, although Matterport advises that spaces over 200 scans can cause performance issues. At about 350, their cloud processing system usually does not complete the space.
Post 5 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 great point! I noticed you also suggested in the community to allow an either or [re: dollhouse or floorplan] - I have scanned several very large models and labeled the areas using the floorplan view - which is a nice way to 'jump' into where you want to navigate. Possibly the option for an either or will be available soon.
Post 6 IP   flag post
qpoisson private msg quote post Address this user
Well done.

However, I think the real benefits that the matterport-type virtual tour can bring to the potential exhibition visitors are quite limited. Walk-through in such a large space without any interaction is really boring. What additional and useful information a visitor can get from it compared with a traditional 2D map?

A virtual tour platform dedicated to exhibitions might be interesting.

BTW. @abalkhail how much did you spend to scan them?
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 I was thinking of doing it all, the problem was that I have the space only 2 hours a day without people in it. The expo was only on for 3day.

But the next on will go for more then 200 scanning.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@abalkhail It's a really fantastic space! Sounds like you -really- made great use of your time! The scans are evenly spaced and navigation is easy. It's a great use-case of Matterport technology!
Post 9 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
@abalkhail
Very nice job! And completed in 2hrs!
While scanning did you have any issue on the capture app that showed the corridors not straight? I noticed on plan view that a perfect straight corridor is crocked....we are facing this problem with ur scanner on open large spaces. Anybody else experienced that?
Post 10 IP   flag post
@andreabortolot yes, I did.
And waste a lot of time to fix it. I've wiped over 41 scans in total and start over at several sites.
Post 11 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
@abalkhail Oh! So this is not only our problem. We wrote to MP support and they replied that is not a problem (!!!) While in reality we were in panic and waisted double time to complete.
I believe this a production bug of the rotating motor which is not spinning perfectly at same level
Post 12 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
@abalkhail How did you charge for this, per square meter? I'm assuming you gave quite a discount for the large space?
Post 13 IP   flag post
PHILG private msg quote post Address this user
I to am curiosu how you priced this giant project and more importantly, how did you sell the idea to shoot it? What level did you sell into - meaning was it a Marketign person - sales or management? Good job.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
@PHILG That was my next question. What was the value proposition to the customer?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Will, we did it as part of other business services.
So no specific $ value.
Post 16 IP   flag post
LeventeSolczi private msg quote post Address this user
It is around 6000m2. Here is my 460 steps scan this is a park place.

It took 10 ours because i had to cover the cars id. ) And there were some people from the hotel and they did not want to stop their party by their car. It was a smart speak to them: please drink upstairs

clickable text
Post 17 IP   flag post
101600 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?