Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceVirtual Reality

Can you view 360 degree scans in VR?4293

tomasdunbar private msg quote post Address this user
I have done some work on museums and venues for a client of mine. They offer the Matterport 3D tour and virtual reality tour as an add on service available and then use my services. The virtual reality is really what interests them.

They are in talks with a theme park at the moment and will offer my services as an add on also but my 3D tour will consist of only 360 degree scans showing the rides and facilities available. Can this slideshow tour be viewed in VR with a simple swipe action to move from one 360 degree image to the next?
Post 1 IP   flag post
OpenHouseOptics private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have anything to offer in the way of an answer but I would love to know more about your experience in scanning museums as I would like to add this to my portfolio.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
How do you swipe in VR?

There are lots of options for viewing a series of panos in VR. Seekbeak and Holobuilder are two.
Post 3 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@tomasdunbar I assume you're only asking about viewing on a device but not using a VR headset? If so, Seekbeak or even Round.me which is a just a tap if you load each a scan into the same tour.

Haven't heard of Holobuilder, thanks for the tip @craigsauer
Post 4 IP   flag post
tomasdunbar private msg quote post Address this user
@OpenHouseOptics I have worked with a provider who creates apps for museums and they are adding the virtual reality services that I provide as an add on because they don't want to buy a Matterport camera themselves. I have done two whiskey museums so far.

@craigsauer @nat_vanveen sorry I don't think I was clear. I will be using Matterport outdoors in a theme park for example. So I will only be using the 360 photos option and creating a 360 slideshow that they can embed on their website. But how can these 360 degree shots be viewed inside Matterport VR do you know? I use a Samsung Gear VR which allows you to swipe from one image to the next when viewing a 360 degree gallery but I wonder will the Matterport tour I create function the same?
Post 5 IP   flag post
101635 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?