Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase

Sunlight causing problems like never before.4288

Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Northern Ireland does not get a lot of sunny days in a year so it's been some time since I scanned with direct sunlight coming through curtainless windows into a brand new £695000 home.

When we first got the camera over a year ago, yes we got black spots on the floor. But today my camera all but gave up, every scan said not enough 3D data to align please use 360 degree for this area or something to that affect.

Anyone else having issues? What have matterport changed to make this issue even more annoying
Post 1 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
I would guess you are trying to scan where the sun is on the floor. When you have no curtains, it would be like being outside. I do a lot of scans outside but it has to be at the right time. I would recommend getting the part that you can scan, then go back at a different time of day to get the rest. It is a pain but that is you option.
Post 2 IP   flag post
PANOPTICMOTION private msg quote post Address this user
We can second the fact that since the last FW update the camera has become ultra sensitive to light now. The area at the base of the camera that does not get scanned has also increased so not sure if this has had an affect.

Before anyone starts telling us to avoid direct sunlight etc we have completed hundreds and hundreds of scans in varying conditions some even outside in direct sun light / balconies etc with limited problems. We have a lot of experience with this system. Since the FW update even in extremely overcast days with no direct sunlight we are now having issues with light sensitivity in big glass fronted properties and conservatories etc.

Matterport should be trying to improve the light sensitivity not make things worse.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
I'm both sorry to hear that but also glad it's not my camera and hopefully can be fixed soon.

I will be emailing support today. Can you do the same and anyone else who is having issues I would suggest you do the same so we can get this issue rectified asap

Really glad I am not in the states, Australia etc where it is sunny all the time.

Anyone know if firmware updates can be reversed

Thanks
Post 4 IP   flag post
Bale100 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, similar issues over the past few weeks in aligning internal areas where light is entering through glass.

Also 360 views taken in sunlight are oversaturated.
Post 5 IP   flag post
VRPM private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dshowcaseuk
I'm both sorry to hear that but also glad it's not my camera and hopefully can be fixed soon.

I will be emailing support today. Can you do the same and anyone else who is having issues I would suggest you do the same so we can get this issue rectified asap

Really glad I am not in the states, Australia etc where it is sunny all the time.

Anyone know if firmware updates can be reversed

Thanks

Hi, did MP get back to you on this as we're also really struggling with sunlight and have had to abort several jobs recently due to what I would consider to be normal amounts of sunlight.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
everyone please email support to get this resolved
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?