Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

anyone use PocketWizards 4 still photos?4239

Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone use or have experience with PWs? I'm considering picking up a Mini TT1 along with 2 Flex TT5s or 2 Plus IVs but would like any feedback before pulling the trigger.

thanks!
Jake
Post 1 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@Showcas3D I don't shoot with flash I bracket and have always better results.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmngrl
@Showcas3D I don't shoot with flash I bracket and have always better results.

Same here. I used to use a speedlight with a Gary Fong diffuser ... started with manual and then just used the TTL setting as it was more consistent. Always had the flash's reflection on wood panels ... but with a lower end DSLR, it helped.

Now I'm using a modest Nikon D7000 with bracketing (3 RAW images -2,0,2) and the results are much better. My humble gear produces better results than the majority of Real Estate photographers out there carrying around their Canon 5Ds and looking 4x as professional as I do.

Before I started to use use bracketing, I had replaced my speedlight with a NEEWER LED flash that was under $100. I'm sad that I didn't get to use it much as I liked it WAY MORE than my Speedlight.
Post 3 IP   flag post
aremacphotography private msg quote post Address this user
I would purchase flashpoint zoom lion R2s with R1 commanders, you will save hundreds and you won't have to buy rechargeable AA batteries. I have 5 TT5s and a TT1mini powering sb800s, if I could do it again I would buy a full flashpoint system plus their 320streak strobe. If your not interested in that take a look into a photix system. Pocket wizards are expensive, they are pretty decent but a lot of the time they can be a headache and powering them is a pain in the a**.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still struggling with this. Sometimes I bracket and use exposure fusion, sometimes I bracket and combine with hdr, and for high contrast scenes (e.g. Dark living room with bright ocean view) I use flash or even bracket with a flash shot. I wish I could get really good at just bracketing, but it doesn't seem to work well in high contrast scenes for me.

Does anyone do masking - taking an exposure for the room and one for the window and then combining the desirable parts of each layer in photoshop? I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking if giving that a shot as well.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The best HDR option you have in Lightroom. There are a lot of YouTube how to videos it is very easy to do.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks grmngrl. I'm actually pretty proficient in Lightroom and use both HDR merge and an exposure fusion plug-in in the program. The results are good with reasonable contrast scenes, but again, it's the really high contrast scenes where HDR and exposure fusion seem to fall short. I'm currently doing multiple off-camera flash for those shots, but it's really time consuming and trial and error. Plus, as Metroplex360 mentioned, I'm often left with fan shadows, reflections on wood, etc. Can't somebody invent a camera that has the same number of stops as the human eye in a single shot? That's what I really want!
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Rootsyloops I want that camera 2.
Post 8 IP   flag post
DonW private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Jake... Ive used PWs (TT1 and TT5s)on Nikon ever since they came out on a daily basis shooting Real Estate and they have never let me down
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?