Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseRealtorsVirtual Reality

Realtor.com is going to help us4226

Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have the whole article but here is part of it.

Realtor.com stitches Matterport 3-D home tours into iOS app
Matterport integration coming to listing portal's desktop website and Android app later this spring
BYTEKE WIGGIN Staff Writer PUBLISHED 4 DAYS AGO
SHARES

Some real estate agents don't think 3-D home tours are worth the time or effort, but realtor.com has given skeptics cause to revisit this view.The listing portal has integrated 3-D tours from Matterport into its iOS app, and is gearing up to do the same with its desktop website and Android app in the months ahead. Users can tap a 3-D icon on listings to explore the tours inside the app.Previously, agents typically could only distribute Matterport tours by sending links to interested buyers, or in some cases, embedding the visualizations on their company's website. But by pushing the tours to realtor.com's audience, the integration boosts the exposure of Matterport tours to prospective buyers, bolstering the case for investing in the technology.“The combination of realtor.com’s inventory with Matterport’s immersive user experience gives shoppers the opportunity to visit a tremendous volume of rentals and for-sale properties, from one location, and get the fu...
Post 1 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
I'd have to say I'm encouraged reading this. I experience both a desire to work with you from real estate agents and the concept of I'll check this out and if I like it I'll just buy it and have my agents do the work. The one thing I"m counting on is it is work. So if the volume of these go up I think they will happily hire people to get them made, agents can't do the work and sell the house at the same time - not hear in NYC anyway. So how do we has service providers find the people that want to list in realtor.com? Does it take the feed from MLS listings? How and where do we insert ourselves into this stream?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
San Antonio, TX
EricThomas private msg quote post Address this user
The tour link is picked up automatically through the MLS feed. If you also input the correct address in the Matterport backend it will link to Realtor.com as well. Sounds like they have some sort of cross-check interface between MP and Realtor.com
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, that totally needs to be cross checked or allow MSP's another button where we check off public/private or VR for links. This time for real estate website feeds.

Simply offering agents a Matterport link allows other agents to take the link and advertise as they wish with it, with no credit to the exclusive agent. (I agree, IDX already killed the exclusive agency).

So many of us make up agent pages for our clients. Those pages will not have the Mattreport information to get picked up.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Grant private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, it is a selling point, but some recognition would be nice for the MSPs too..
I always put my website in the Presented By section. Looks like this was presented by Realtor.com. Wow, they did a great job!...

Post 5 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
I have an issue with this. I just got a call from a customer who said that his seller did not want the 3D Tour embedded into realtor.coms page as he said that it detracts from the tour link where the entire tour can be seen as well as hi res photos. He wants me to take the 3D Tour button down from Realtor.com.

How do I do that? Does anyone know the answer to this?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
Since this customer brought this to my attention, I have noticed that all of my 3D Tours have been Hijacked by Realtor.com with a 3D button added to every listing I have shot a 3D Tour for.

I DONT WANT THIS, I DONT NEED IT and I certainly didn't ask for it to me mandatory without the ability to turn it off. My very own tour template is where everything about the listing can be found. Town Tours, Amenity Tours, Hi Res Full Screen photos, the video tour, Floor Plan AND the 3D Tour (see sample here: http://hometakesvideos.com/showcase/web_tour.php?id=8698&cat=tour).

MATTERPORT ARE YOU READING THIS ???

When are you going to add the button that will take away the 3D Tour button so that it doesn't appear on REALTOR.COM if we don't want it to? I had an agent who had a client that did not want the 3D Tour Button on Realtor.com. Its not just me that doesn't want it there.
Post 7 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@hometakes

Did you verify the addresses? I was hoping by not hitting that button, this would not happen.

I would bet this is why the new camera has gps in it. Everything that is scanned is going on the internet. Just like @baxter said we are making them tons of money and not being rewarded for it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@hometakes

Please see what happens when you remove the address in my.matterport.com ... does that top the syndication of your content?

Matterport should make syndication so that you can check a box opt-in for one, group or all 3D Tours; rather than the default is set to automatically syndicate.

By the way, I could imagine that realtor.com is the FIRST syndication of content. Once the Matterport API is public, I could imagine that Matterport will enable any API user to syndicate our content.

If Matterport doesn't address this, it is likely that there will be a firestorm of complaints on this topic. Not all of us want our content automatically syndicated to other sites. We want a choice.

By the way, syndication is an example of revenue generation by Matterport of our content. Realtor.com, for example, is an investor in Matterport.

Imagine when Matterport automatically creates 2D floor plans - that they charge us for and charge websites - like realtor.com - for the use of the derivative work from our 3D Tours via an API.

Matterport should really turns this into a shared revenue and that we would need to opt-in for the use of our content.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@justinv Thats not it. Ive tested that. Just to add insult to injury, whats with the removal of out "Presented by Hometakes"? and replaced with Realtor.com just as if they produced it. You see, thats what you get when Matterports investors such as realtor.com starts telling Matterport what to do if Matterport wants to get on Realtor.com.

Some would say that its a good thing but I see it as a conflict of interest. I mean, what will happen if another company does a better Job than Matterport? Realtor.coms answer will surely be, Sorry, only Matterport Tours approved for use of the 3D button. I mean, why would they let the competition in if they are an investor in Matterport? The only thing that Realtor.com should have done was adding a 3D Tour check box on our picture path portal that linked OUR TOUR TEMPLATE and added a 3D tour button. Thats it. No Fancy, Smanchy automated you've got it without a choice system.

@DanSmigrod I am testing the removal of the address and will have to wait a while to see if it removes it from Realtor.com. I can tell you this, the agent called Realtor.com this morning and was told by them that they could remove the button for him. That should have taken less than an hour. However, it still has not been removed.
Post 10 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@hometakes

I went and looked at one of mine and it is there. I have NEVER verified any addresses and only give agents a link via vanity URL.

The funny thing about the tour is that I duplicated it to get tour to my standards and they pulled a random one. It has starting point facing door. It is what they get!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
I hate to say it Matterport, but I honestly think that you guys just don't fully understand the needs of your customers. We want options, not mandatory stuff. One size does not fit all and I think you think thats the case looking through your rosy colored glasses.

I think that Mutiny is in my future even if someone else quality is 80% of Matterport so long as they understand their customers needs which Matterport Cleary does not. Ive never seen such a militant company, shutting down 3rd party solutions when they don't even have the solution themselves.

Take a look at the tech and resolution of whats coming down the pipe. Granted, this may only be an Object, but soon, someone else is going to get it better than you guys. Just remember this, the Japanese didn't invent the DVD player, but can you mention one successful manufacture outside of Japan? Same thing is going to happen to you guys if you don't shake things up.

Look Here
Post 12 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
We've built a 3D listings and bookings site for all of us. Sectors away from real estate will be monetised and proceeds shared 50/50 to start with then the more you list the bigger the share you get (Power Pros).

It's worldwide and we need to populate the real estate category to build public interest to ensure all other categories like hotels, rentals etc have enough public awareness to get bookings.

The exact workings will be revealed on launch in the next few weeks but it's super easy and it's just for us.

The point is, we don't need to rely on what Matterport are doing or who they have interests with. This is our ticket to long term success as 3D providers.

If it's of interest, go to our site (the finished site with all the account features is in development somewhere else) and perform a search within 50 miles of a place called Norwich in the UK and you'll see pretty much how its going to look and work.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101629 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?