Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
1click 360 CameraGear360

Samsung's new Gear 360 Shoots 4K+ iPhone4216

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Samsung introduced a updated Gear 360º spherical camera that shoots in 4K and is compatible with iPhone and live streams (including Facebook).

$349 and scheduled to ship in the spring 2017.
(The existing model has been reduced to $300.)

Samsung's official website for the new Gear 360.

Video

If you get one, please let us know what you think.

In the mean time:

✓ The Verge (29 March 2017) Samsung's new Gear 360 camera shoots in 4K and works with iPhones
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Important features:
- Does feature HDR
- Has an f2/2 lens.
- $349

Concerns:

#1) How does this stack up to shooting panos at F/9+? I tested the Ricoh Theta S and found that the aperture truly killed the depth of field and created rather flat looking panoramas.

#2) The 'examples' on the website are selfies, much like what Ricoh shows. This defines the intended use of the device. Close up shots -- not ideal for virtual tours.

#3) The website does not mention that GPS data is written to the panos. I would assume they simply haven't mentioned this as this is crucial and is a no-brainer. GPS data would allow streamlined positioning on Google Maps allowing this to be an excellent Google Street View camera. HOWEVER - if this camera is being marketed as a 360 selfie cam, they might omit this so as to not confuse the message of what their device is.

#4) At $349, it's definitely a consumer electronic device, not a pro tool.
Post 2 IP   flag post
LetMe3D private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the insight @ Metroplex360, I greatly appreciate your posts here at the forum. Always good, the consummate professional and should be commended for your knowledge on this subject.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Bale100 private msg quote post Address this user
Quick question:

I have a client that wants a 1 minute 360 vr video of an outdoor spa situated on a cliff edge overlooking the sea / sunsets.

Is there a product currently available that would capture 360 video?

Have looked at GoPro omni, but too costly to invest for current demand from only one client. Also challenge with image stabilisation when moving around.

Thanks
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bale100 The Ricoh Theta S -would- do this. There are many 360 Cameras mentioned on this forum that you could pull up via Google that would create 360 Video.

I would recommend being prepared for some post production work to get the color balance and all nice.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Bale100 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the quick response
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Bale100

While I previously advocating buying a Ricoh Theta S, I am now advocating an Insta360 Air ($120 for Samsung) or InstaAir Nano ($200 for iPhone) instead.

Why?

1. The video is sharper with the Insta360
2. The video goes directly to the smartphone
3. You can play the video back immediately
4. You can tell which video clip is which

While I am still testing, I know enough today to say you would be a a lot happier with the InstaAir 360 / IntaAir Nano.

Here's a list of about 50 1-click 360º cameras at various price points.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Bale100

By the way, I have not used the Gear 360. Many Forum Members have been happy with it. The new generation has been announced, but not yet shipping (as of 3 April 2017).

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101592 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?