Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FireMarketing

Right Tool for Pro-Active Insurance Records?4198

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A Forum Member emailed me the following ....

Dan

---

Dan,

[redacted]

I wish to approach homeowners with the concept of producing exterior video and interior 3D scans to document their property for insurance purposes, before there is a need.

Is it possible to save the produced Matterport scans/movie for the future and not have to pay the recurring Matterport monthly fees?

I want to do the job for the customer, give them either a thumb-drive and or a permanent web address that contains the Matterport material and not have either myself or the customer pay the continuing Matterport monthly fee from now into the future.

Is this possible? Thank you,

[Redacted]

--

Hi [redacted],

Unfortunately, Matterport does not enable scans to be downloaded and archived until needed (except with the Matterport Showcase app which would be tedious, at best, for the use-case you have described.

What is totally doable is using one of these 360 1-click cameras to shoot 360º photo spheres and/or 360º video that can be archived on a "either a thumb-drive and or a permanent web address that contains the ... material and not have either myself or the customer pay the continuing Matterport monthly fee from now into the future."

At the moment, I recommend the Insta360 Air (for Android) or Insta360 Nano (for iPhone) for the documentation that you describe.

By the way, I recommend you give some thought to [insurance agent] offering this as a free service to new client instead of selling directly to homeowners.

Here's why. Think vitamins or painkillers. Vitamins are nice, but painkillers are a must.

For an insurance agent, getting more clients is a painkiller (must have solution to differentiate his/her business to win more clients). For a homeowner, none of us expect a loss, even if it happens to 1 of 5 of us (I am guessing).

Plus, it will take you the same amount of time to pitch one agent as one homeowner. So, when you are successful in your pitch, you pick up multiple shoots (recurring revenue) rather than 1 shoot.

Now imagine pitching multiple insurance agents.

Now, imagine whom else might we willing to pay you - accountants / Certified Financial Planners / General Contractors / remodelers -- to offer your solution as a free service to win more and bigger business more often.

Please let me know what you think, how you decide to proceed and what are the results?

Best,

Dan

--

Hi All,

Additional thoughts on this topic?
Post 1 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
iGuide fits on a thumb drive nicely and does not require recurring payments.
Post 2 IP   flag post
freddiejojo private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Dan and iGuide,

I appreciate your suggestions. Kent
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The Forum Member sent this follow-up.

Dan

---

"I agree with everything you say, as of now I have had no luck convincing insurance companies to get on board, but will continue trying.

My only work-around with the Matterport I can come up with is to produce the walk-through like normal, except with maybe more angles and views included, then do a video capture on my iMac of it and save to file>thumb drive.

Also, save the PDF floor plan schematics to the same drive and deliver that to the customer."

---

My reply ...

Reminder that the pitch is about getting new clients for the agent (new revenue/new client). The pitch is NOT about making it easy for the homeowner in the event of a loss (that's an expense for the insurance agent).

In a world of buying insurance online, agents need a way to differentiate ...
Post 4 IP   flag post
101429 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?