Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceMarketingProblems

Matterport for Airbnb.com4140

Santa Fe, NM
JMEPhotos private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with including Matterport tours in AirB&B, VROB, and the like for vacation rental clients?

Anytime I've contacted these companies, none of the tech help staff seem to know anything. I have clients who want to use this technology to market their vacation rentals and are waiting for me to provide the service but it's contingent on these sites allowing or being capable of creating a field for our link. Any suggestions? Thanks, Marshall
Post 1 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
If I understand correctly, you can link to a page on a site running WP3D. I haven't tried it yet, and it's possible I misunderstood. But that was my understanding.
Post 2 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

Did you try sending these potential clients a test link to see what they can do with it, if they find a place on their property page, etc...
I am sure worst case, they can put the link in the description...

Matt
Post 3 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys...

To my knowledge, none of the vacation rental platforms have really embraced Matterport or 360/VR content. There was a brief moment when VRBO did offer a "360" tab (that accepted 360 pano photos) but this has since been removed.

I'd love to be wrong here, but I think that providing a simple text link to your own content is still the only option.

Here's a VRBO link to a vacation rental that I own/operate:

https://www.vrbo.com/171639

If you scroll (way) down, just below the "Owner Info" and just above the "Photos" section, you'll find the link to my own (WP3D Models generated) link:

CLICK HERE - Wilma Condo Virtual Tour

To be honest, I'd be surprised if anyone has ever found this link, much less clicked on it.

I'm sorry I'm not more help here and I continue to hope for something to change in this department.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Santa Fe, NM
JMEPhotos private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone for your imput
Post 5 IP   flag post
PHILG private msg quote post Address this user
I was under the impression VRBO wouldn't let you put a link in your listinng that would take you out of their site like a matterport link.

@rpetersn You said "To be honest, I'd be surprised if anyone has ever found this link, much less clicked on it."
Why not put a comment or a link in the description . Put it right up fron to make it stand out. I'm sure people would love to see it as hardly anyone else is utilizing matterport in thier listing.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @PHILG...Correct, I don't believe VRBO will allow you to add any links to the general property description area. Instead, they offer this "external link" option that has to be approved by someone there at VRBO. Once approved, these links are then buried (in my opinion) way down the page.

The ideal solution would be as you describe....adding a link near the beginning of the text used to describe a property.

If I've missed something, or something has changed, I hope someone will chime in and let us know about other options for promoting Matterport in the VRBO (or Airbnb) space.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101421 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?