Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture App

strategy for large venue, best dollhouse4111

New Orleans, LA
vgarcia private msg quote post Address this user
I will be scanning a large venue , 12500 sqft approx.
I will most likely go beyond 200 scans.

my question is:
I want to get as much info for the dollhouse mode which translates to many scans. Once i'm done with say 300 scans, I will trim the scans to under 200. By trimming the number of scans will it affect the 3d model?

I am hoping that because I will process the 300 scans initially it will retain the data for the 3d model even if I edit out 100 scans for the final presentation.

thanks!

victor
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
By trimming, you mean erasing them from the model before uploading them to the cloud? If you erase them, then the information is gone too. Is there any reason why you wouldn't keep them in the upload? You can always hide them in post-production (aka Workshop) and avoid people to jump on those spots.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@vgarcia

Please see this We Get Around Network Forum discussion:

Large Matterport Scan Projects-Forum Index

Dan

P.S. @Tosolini Keeping the actual scan count below 200 will help prevent the model from crashing in webGL and help it load faster. @vgarcia Reminder to duplicate the model first before deleting scans so that you can always return to the master with all the scans, just in case.
Post 3 IP   flag post
New Orleans, LA
vgarcia private msg quote post Address this user
thx all
Post 4 IP   flag post
101436 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?