Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Halifax, NS, Canada
pjeffery private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

I'm a new MSP and, at the risk of sounding like a newbie, I'm very interested in any responses I may receive to a simple question. This, as you may have guessed, is in regards to having roaming cats on your resale residential Matterport shoots.

I'll complete my first professional Matterport job in 2 days. This consists of a multi-family home where one tenant keeps a couple (indoor only) cats. They apparently cannot be removed for the shoot for various valid reasons.

I'm sure you're reading my mind at this point - as I envision my 1st job resulting in becoming my last job; my new gear toppling over and crashing to the floor. Surely these spinning, whirring cameras are excellent cat bait for this sort of attack(?) Especially with our gear being out of view & at a distance from us while in motion.

So ... do your cameras cause you any similar concerns - or do you enforce a 'no pets to be present' rule for your residential shoots. Any other ways to deal with these concerns? Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
I have had several jobs with dogs, just lock them in their preferred room and leave that room to near the end, then move them to another room and complete the job .
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
My test home was shot at my parents' house, and their two cats were fine. They slept through the process for the most part. BUT to be on the safe side, lock them in a room where they won't freak out, shoot everything but that room, then remove them to another room to complete the shoot.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Reminds me of this property we shot:

Take a look at the dog by the front door.

I promise you she is not dead.

Owners said that dog is so old they didn't want to move her and so she's essentially a fixture of the scan. There is one scan point from by the garage door where you can see she moved during the scan.
Post 4 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
It is just not good to do.
they move and change the area, it's like opening and closing a door it's hard to capture just right and people looking at a listing Don't really want to see animals. What if you were allergic to cats and saw them you would Never go to that house.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@3dshowcaseuk @Queen_City_3D LOL. I had my first dog today. Very obedient. I felt very sad saying goodbye. We developed a bond.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Catterport dilemma
Post 7 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
I would rather scan a house with animals than the homeowners still there. It seems like they just have one more thing to do and always need to get something out of the room I am trying to scan. At least the animals don't know better!
Post 8 IP   flag post
srennick private msg quote post Address this user

Post 9 IP   flag post
Halifax, NS, Canada
pjeffery private msg quote post Address this user
Great ideas and a couple good laughs, too. Thanks everyone!
Post 10 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I have scanned a property with 2 cats and they were curious for a few minutes and then went and napped on their favourite spots and no hassles,
Post 11 IP   flag post
iGuide
Product
Marketing Manager
Kitchener, Canada
Chris_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user

I take pics when I can. The cuteness outweighs the hassle.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Since this discussion now includes dogs - thanks @Chris_iGuide - can you spot the service dog in the Matterport Spaces 3D Tour above?

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
iGuide
Product
Marketing Manager
Kitchener, Canada
Chris_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user

This should balance things out. The internet needs more cats.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101646 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?