Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanGetting StartedReal EstateStrategy

Matterport in the UK - 20173923

GarethB private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I have been looking through the threads on the Forum and I'm impressed with the amount of knowledge on here, lots on info.
I don't yet own a Matterport camera; I have been doing some research into expanding into this area however. I am in the UK and read a thread or two from a year back saying that the estate agent market here in the UK was very poor (back then) due to agents not willing to spend extra money on promotional content as it eats into their commission.
My question therefore, does anyone know if this is still the case? I've very enthusiastic for this technology and can see lots of uses for it, however if there is no market then I may already be having to reconsider.
Any thoughts from those in the UK?
Cheers,
Gareth
Post 1 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Gareth

We are in Belfast and although the work is steady, matterport is an additional service we offer on top of photography , drone etc. We had a lot of existing estate agents on our books who sell the service for us now and we are pushing into the hospitality tourism sector with it.

All I can say is, if you are an existing photographer for estate agents then yes you will get a return on the camera. If not then dont give up your day job until you have built the business up.

Developers are a good line of enquiry as they have show homes going up on a regular basis which they are happy to showcase to the world and happy to pay the going rate.
Post 2 IP   flag post
kevshed private msg quote post Address this user
I agree... don't come into this expecting agents to be lining up to spend money with you, most won't. Also, matterport are still aggressively targeting agents directly to buy cameras, which is not helpful.

Kev
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks for the responses guys, appreciated.

No, I can't imagine it would be helpful for MP to push agents to take the devices themselves; surely this is an extra, fairly time-consuming overhead for them which they would be better outsourcing?

And no, I don't have any business currently with estate agents, but would hope to start providing that service here in Scotland. I'm self-employed so yeah, I also agree about not giving up the day job just yet, but could hopefully adapt MP work around my "day job".

Developers are certainly one of the alternative options I had considered too.

Still undecided as to whether or not to push ahead still...research continues!
Thanks,
Gareth
Post 4 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
There are a few cameras in Scotland already, they may be able to shed more light on your particular market
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks, do you know how to go about contacting them?

cheers,
Gareth
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm actually not sure... btw, just to give you a real-time example, i just today got confirmation from a local agent that they will buy their own camera... against my advice and recommendation. grrr
Post 7 IP   flag post
PeterMcCready private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevshed
I'm actually not sure... btw, just to give you a real-time example, i just today got confirmation from a local agent that they will buy their own camera... against my advice and recommendation. grrr

It's clearly very tempting for local agents to go down the Matterport Service Provider route for themselves, I'd have thought that they'd have preferred to leave production to the professionals in order to get on with the business of selling!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I do wonder if they will think differently after spending hours watching a spinning camera... i did warn them that its not good use of their time, but clearly they felt it would be fun.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Pauluploadabode private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Gareth
I have a camera and use it for my own Estate Agents in Scotand, the bigger agents don't seem interested at the moment.
One thing I would say is its best to complete the tours in day light so using it to work round an existing job may not work out the way you would hope.

One thing I would say is its very hard to open doors about this technology as most people are not ready for it yet.

Good Luck
Post 10 IP   flag post
Cheers Paul, I've had a look at your website and I like it!

Yeah the thought had crossed my mind about capture times, not sure if cramming everything into the weekend would work for potential customers.

I do think the tech will take off in this country though (and will no doubt bring much tech competition), VR seems to be on the rise and hopefully Matterport can ride that wave as well!

Thanks mate.
Gareth
Post 11 IP   flag post
VRPM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

There will always be agents that want to keep things in-house but quite often, they'll realise that outsourcing is way more cost effective and efficient for the business. The same was thought about digital photography, loads of agents took it in house as they could just buy the camera themselves but now look how many property photography companies there are. MP is not ultra fast and comes with a high barrier to entry, which will put most agents off bothering, particularly when the tech is still in it's infancy and has not been widely adopted by the market.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I agree - thats why we are here
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRPM
Quote:

There will always be agents that want to keep things in-house but quite often, they'll realise that outsourcing is way more cost effective and efficient for the business. The same was thought about digital photography, loads of agents took it in house as they could just buy the camera themselves but now look how many property photography companies there are. MP is not ultra fast and comes with a high barrier to entry, which will put most agents off bothering, particularly when the tech is still in it's infancy and has not been widely adopted by the market.

Well said! :-)
Post 14 IP   flag post
101436 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?