Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceTips

First Full Matterport Model: Comments?3915

Standard
Portage, MI
Senojev private msg quote post Address this user
Hi fellow members,

I received my camera last week and have a completed a number of small test areas but finished my last full scan of a larger home as a test run - no $$ involved. I would welcome any comments.

Thanks,

Dave
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks great for a first space, I love your spacing between scans especially on the stairs. Everything I am going to say is subject to my opinion, but what I have found works for me.

1st) When you are on the "cat walk" don't be afraid to raise the camera up. When I first started doing this I would do one low and one high in the same spot and turn off the one I didn't like in post process. I do the same on stair cases I raise it up so I feel like I am above the staircase, not walking into it.

2nd) I try as hard as possible to stay out of mirrors, but its unavoidable sometimes. I would suggest to get a plaque made up in reverse to go on the front of your camera with company name and logo. This does two things, free advertising and shows the client you have thought it through.

3rd) Make sure to turn off double scan points, like in the kitchen, unless they are left on for a reason, like making it through a doorway.

Your first one is about a million times better than mine was so I am sure by your second one you will be giving me advice. Have fun with it and don't lowball yourself. This is an amazing product and worth every penny!
Post 2 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
@Senojev SUPER JOB! Excellent!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Senojev - You can probably get away with disabling the scan in the upstairs bathroom that shows the camera reflected in the mirror and shower door as you have a perfect scan right beyond it that will still allow full navigation.

In the Master Bathroom, you may want to disable the scan that reflects the Matterport Camera too ... would you have been able to have scanned that one just a tad bit over so that the camera wouldn't've been caught in the mirror?

And lastly -- there's another scan in the downstairs bathroom that you can disable so that the camera isn't part of the tour

Very nice tour. The lighting was perfect!
Post 4 IP   flag post
101432 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?