Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppScanning

Upload process for scans Q389

smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

Great forum, very open and informative with great people willing to help.

This may of been covered but I could not find it plus the user guide in resources link doesn't work.

I was wondering on the process of uploading scans to the cloud.

Is it from inbuilt memory storage on the camera then connected via USB to the computer?

Do you get the scanned data uploaded to the computer unprocessed first that you can have full access too, then send that to be processed to MP or does it all auto send etc and you have no access to the images/data at all?

I guess I'm wondering if at sometime 3rd party software could be used for the same data gained from the camera that we could process ourselves with more control.

Cheers,
Steve
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Nope you can't process it yourself
That's their whole thing of making money.
Think of it like matterport being a cellphone company. You buy the phone and pay a monthly fee to use it. Would be nice if we could do it ourselves however
Post 2 IP   flag post
I see.

Thanks for the quick reply.

So once your in say your home wifi you hit the "upload" button on the camera? or is it a connection to the PC?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
It just uploads via wifi from your ipad.
It processes on their server and then is hosted on the cloud. Usually takes around 1-3 hours to process, sometimes longer
Post 4 IP   flag post
I just see some showcases that have a more refined dollhouse images tour with flat edging on the walls and room names etc. Thought they must get a hold of the data at some stage.

Thanks for the info!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
Could you have seen videos that were created from obj files? If so, the room names and details have been added through an obj file program. Otherwise its not possible to my knowledge to add names of rooms to a showcase model at this time.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
I think trimming was done better on the neater ones. Adding the trim, windows, mirror lines more accurately helps the 3d dollhouse to look cleaner.
Post 7 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
Another company I checked out wants $80 per upload.
Given the investment that Matterport has made I am pleased with their hosting and upload fees.

Its an opportunity to earn using their platform.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesobay
Could you have seen videos that were created from obj files? If so, the room names and details have been added through an obj file program. Otherwise its not possible to my knowledge to add names of rooms to a showcase model at this time.

I think I was mixing two things together. Now I cannot find a showcase with the names of rooms only videos of such so they must be added in some other way but is not a tour just a promoting video or like you said OBJ file.

@carlosFHdz Is trimming something you perform when scanning? performing more scans?
Post 9 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, trimming is done while scanning, on the iPad. You can trim once the scan is completed too, from the iPad.

Here's a video MP published on how to Scan a space. LINK

You can add tags or name to a room using the workshop view function; however, measurements and tags are only viewable using the work shop view.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101429 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?