Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Real EstateRealtorsScanningStrategy

Max Listing scannings per day. Whats your #?388

alegonzabot private msg quote post Address this user
MUG, i wonder in a busy day of scannings, how many listings have you been able to scan? Im trying to understand how to set up my booking system. Im thinking of been able to book 2 scans per day but i want to make sure its not to few.

Thanks for sharing!

Alejo
Post 1 IP   flag post
Chankane private msg quote post Address this user
I only do 2-4 scans per month ha...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Chankane private msg quote post Address this user
I tell clients to allow at least 1hr per 1Ksf. Usually it takes less time, but sometimes it can make more...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Los Angeles
JosephJ private msg quote post Address this user
@alegonzabot
I think that it all depends on the size of the units, the distance between them, and the expectations of your clients. For example, the most I've done in one day is six scans split up between 3 clients. The range of unit sizes were between 900-2200 sq ft. The total miles driven for the day was less than 20. These were clients that I've worked with in the past and they had their places set up before I arrived.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Depends on the property. If it's complicated then you need more time. I usually allow an hour for 1500sq ft, but have managed to do a 5500 in 1 hour 40 mins once. That was the exception however.
If you are booking in jobs, always allow a chunk of time in between jobs. That way you wont be stressing if a problem crops up and you need more time.
Post 5 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I've scanned 4 houses in a day that ran from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, ranging from about 1,200 square feet up to about 3,000. They were all pretty close together, so driving time wasn't an issue.
Post 6 IP   flag post
HomeBaseTeam private msg quote post Address this user
yeah 1hr/1500 sqft seems right. i did a 6000sqft house in 4 hours, and it had mirror issues everywhere.

but then again it depends on the house, if it's a smaller bungalow with lots of walls and tight turns, it might take longer bc you have to do more scans to avoid alignment problems.

like with anything else, just add buffer time between jobs, no need to kill yourself trying to rush to another job, only to be fighting daylight, camera 10hr charge, ipad battery time, anyway.

personally, i'm setting a max of 3 slots a day, early morning, afternoon, early evening
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@alegonzabot

Thanks for asking the question.

I will only book one Matterport 3D Showcase per day.

This Atlanta Penthouse is a great example of why.

Our client did not tell us that the Penthouse featured a 1,000 sf outdoor deck with a great view of Piedmont Park (Atlanta's version of Central Park).

It's a marquee terrace. Once I was done shooting the two levels, I waited three hours for the sun to behind the building so that I could do the terrace.

Best,

Dan

Post 8 IP   flag post
I try to book no more than 3 per day. Like @homebaseteam said, allow a buffer. You never know what's going to crop up and cause delays.

The most I've done is 7 in one day. I had an inverter charging in the car for the MP and ipad. It was excessively rushed and a good indication why 3 is now the limit.

I generally do photos and floor plans at the same time, so the time goes by pretty quick.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Jamie Exactly, i do Floorplans with the jobs too, so by the end of the day...i mean there is no end, cuz i still have to come home and work on the metrics and floorplans...LOL
Post 10 IP   flag post
Exactly.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
I try to book no more than 3 per day. Like @homebaseteam said, allow a buffer. You never know what's going to crop up and cause delays.

The most I've done is 7 in one day. I had an inverter charging in the car for the MP and ipad. It was excessively rushed and a good indication why 3 is now the limit.

I generally do photos and floor plans at the same time, so the time goes by pretty quick.

I'm still trying to figure out how on earth you did SEVEN! the driving alone!
what time did you start? did you eat? what madness was going on
Post 12 IP   flag post
I had breakfast and something to eat before bed.
First was at 8.30am and the last was almost 10pm finished. Smallest was a 470 Sq ft condo and the largest was only 3200 Sq ft lucky enough. Fortunately there were no real hick ups so it actually went fairly smooth.
I also had 4 the day before and 3 the day after as well. For that week I think it was just over 20
Post 13 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
You need to work out your scan ratio. Each person differs by iPad version, the type of property and your skill at determining the correct camera position to get the maximum scan exposure.

I've recently been doing 3200 sqm (34,400 sqf) commercial in 10 hours straight. Long day. Lunch in one hand while ipad in other LOL. So my ratio would be 320 sqm per hour. Residential would take longer.

Obviously you need to work in a buffer.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Did you get the 3200 in 1 scan?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
No 2x 1600sqm. works out about to 200 - 250 scans each. Sorry should have made that clear
Post 16 IP   flag post
Ahh ok. Was going to say DAMN. I got to 22,000 and it was crashing so bad
Post 17 IP   flag post
justinS private msg quote post Address this user
What percentage of your work comes thru the wegetaroud website?
Very glad I found such a great resource of information and fellow photographers.
Dan you seem to know a great deal.

What's your average price per 1ksqft?
Post 18 IP   flag post
101436 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?