Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Airbnb

Matterport-Airbnb: Seamless Integration Soon3826

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: As part of a new pilot project, called Sonoma Select, Airbnb is partnering with Matterport to offer 360° tours of selected listings.

Matterport and Airbnb will enable and launch seamless integration of Matterport Spaces 3D/VR Tours within Airbnb listings.

And, it is coming soon!

My conclusion is based on:

1. It's an obvious fit
2. Matterport and Airbnb have collaborated on a test (video)
3. This Forum post today (4 February 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360
@RPOceanic Excellent addition to my list I've added it with a credit to you.

I -think- that AirBNB is getting ready to do this ... Matterport even created a special parameter to comply with their requirements that preceded the quick-start option (&bn=1). Would love an update on AirBNB.

4. This Forum post today (4 February 2017) ...

Quote:
@RPOceanic there is code in Airbnb's site for supporting Matterport too. No clue what the hold up is.

Are these enough breadcrumbs to reach this conclusion?

Best,

Dan

We Get Around Network Related Discussions

Airbnb
Tours on VRBO, VHR, and AirBnB
Airbnb, VRBO and HomeAway: Tactical Help
Example wanted: AirBNB VRBO etc
latest with Matterport to Airbnb?
Wish List: Matterport Big Picture
Post 1 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I hope so!
Post 2 IP   flag post
alsangio private msg quote post Address this user
This has been going on for a while now. Have you had any recent news about this Dan?
Post 3 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
The Sonoma Select pilot went live in July 2016.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
It's pretty straight forward to support MP models so does anybody really know why it has taken such a long time? This could be achieved by one dev in one day. There must be more to this than just supporting MP models is my only conclusion.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

While the testing has been going on for some time now - as @TrustedPhotoDC points out - what's new is that @Metroplex360 has identified that code is now public on Matterport and Airbnb to enable the integration.

I could imagine that the delay in launching is that Matterport wants to include Airbnb field in Workshop so that you check the box to have the Matterport Space automatically displayed in the Airbnb listing.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Actually Dan, that &bn=1 parameter has been in the code since mid-2016 when I first started poking around. Another forum member pointed out to be that it was for AirBNB. I wasn't trying to lead anyone to believe that this was a new parameter.

I will say THIS much though. Matterport has EVERY reason to remove that parameter if it isn't going to be used.

specialEdition: r.valueFromHash("bn", 0)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
So we're talking about existing listings that now have an MP tour to add? New listings would still need the full upload treatment. This function seems much better placed on Airbnb's front end management than MP's workshop. I must be missing something.
Post 8 IP   flag post
kevshed private msg quote post Address this user
Air BnB is massively interesting to me... i live in a tourist area and they have a good, and growing customer base that i'm ready to service.. with the summer season just starting to get on the radar for folks, i really hope they close this sooner rather than later as it has an opportunity to enable some nice run-rate business.... though price point they are prepared to pay is up for debate...
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
@DanSmigrod Actually Dan, that &bn=1 parameter has been in the code since mid-2016 when I first started poking around. Another forum member pointed out to be that it was for AirBNB. I wasn't trying to lead anyone to believe that this was a new parameter.

I will say THIS much though. Matterport has EVERY reason to remove that parameter if it isn't going to be used.

specialEdition: r.valueFromHash("bn", 0)

Hmmmmmmm.... seems like the code is public for a reason ...

[@quote=Baxter]So we're talking about existing listings that now have an MP tour to add? New listings would still need the full upload treatment. This function seems much better placed on Airbnb's front end management than MP's workshop. I must be missing something.

We all agree that it is obvious that Matterport should / will integrate seamlessly with Airbnb. The only question - a big question is W-H-E-N. For may of us, it can not come soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @kevshed
Air BnB is massively interesting to me... i live in a tourist area and they have a good, and growing customer base that i'm ready to service.. with the summer season just starting to get on the radar for folks, i really hope they close this sooner rather than later as it has an opportunity to enable some nice run-rate business.... though price point they are prepared to pay is up for debate...

Let's hope - SOONER THAN LATER - and that clients are willing to pay $$$.

All,

Vacation.Vision - a Member of the Forum - is a new vacation rental platform that REQUIRES a 3D Tour!!! (!!!).

Plus, Vacation.Vision is has a generous free special offer for Basic, Standard and Premium Members of the We Get Around Network.

If you have vacation listings, I encourage you to post to Vacation.Vision platform that does receive a listing fee for bookings.

Best,

Dan

Post 10 IP   flag post
101421 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?