Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceCapture App

iCloud Backup Question3825

Gransky private msg quote post Address this user
I need to figure out a back-up solution ASAP and I'm leaning toward the iCloud method. I have a question for those that use this back-up method.

When I back-up my iPad to the iCloud does it create a separate back-up every time I back-up or does it just continually overwrite the previous back-up.

What I'm worried about is backing up, then deleting tours then backing up again only to overwrite the previous back-up without the tours I deleted. Does that make sense what I'm trying to ask?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's what I have found best, and it does not answer your question but it is working for me. I backup the iPad to the computer using iTunes. I then move that backup to an external hard drive and label it. For instance January 2017. I then create a spreadsheet of the models that are in the back up by address, realtor, and date. After all that I delete all the models on the iPad and start fresh again. If I ever need to re-upload a model I do this exact process but instead of starting fresh I restore my iPad from the backup I need and re-upload the model.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@htimsabbub23 You're right, it doesn't answer my question but it's an awesome method that I haven't heard before! Thank you!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Gransky

You can backup your iPad to either iCloud or iTunes.

For You:

1. Back up your iPad to iCloud after every scan
2. Do not delete models
3. when your iPad is near full, back up one last time
4. Keep a Log for iCloud backup - from [date] to [date]
5. Delete all models
6. Create a DIFFERENT iCloud account
7. Back up your iPad to iCloud after every scan
8. Do not delete models
9. iPad is near full, back up one last time
10.Repeat

For clarification, if you delete a model, it WILL be deleted from iCloud. So, you want to KEEP all your models UNTIL you do one FINAL iCloud Backup.

If/when you need to go back to a model that is no longer on the iPad, you will do a restore from that backup.

Clear as mud?

Also ...

1. Never delete a model that is not backup. You WILL want it one day (and it has VALUE that is a different discussion).

Matterport Should ...

1. Automatically back up every model to Workshop. Enable all post production to be done in Workshop AND enable us to download our saved models.
2. More than two years ago, I sent this "wish list" item to Matterport that EVERYONE in the Forum wants/needs

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Yep, clear as mud, thank you! I must admit, before I discovered this forum, I have deleted countless tours in the name of reclaiming drive space because I just didn't think about the future.

And I'm with you, Matterport absolutely needs to come up with a solution for this!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Please continue this discussion here ...

How to Backup Your Matterport Spaces 3D Tours that are on Your iPad

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101437 6 6
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.