Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseCapture AppVideo

Screen Capturing Showcase Video380

JamieSher private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

Does any of you talented people have suggestions to screen capture the showcase walk-through realllly nicely? I can get mine pretty well but the keyboard moves too fast so I've got to use my mouse to drag slowwwwly which often rolls/pitches/yaws like a boat! I'm sure this has been talked about before but check this official MPort clip:

I will write to them to ask how they do it. I don't mind if the faded circles are there just want a smooth ride!

I use Win7 and want 1080p screen captures so if anyone has techniques/suggestions/programes to get the best smoothest quality that'd be totally sweet.

J
Post 1 IP   flag post
Morten private msg quote post Address this user
G'day again Jamie,

Here is a sample of what I can produce;

https://youtu.be/AgpjlT0fuWY

Is this quality what you are hoping for?

Morten
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hey Mort!

Yeah man that's top notch though it moves too fast! I need the left/right scrolling to be slower... i guess though if you up the frame rate you can then conform it to 25fps. What program do you use?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Yeah, its captured at up to 60 fps so slowing it down is no issue.

I think the key is having high end PC with good graphics, heaps of ram, CPU etc. I use Geforce 'Shadow Play' (used to capture game sequences I think). I had to upgrade hardware to achieve smoothish movements.

Morten
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks Mort. Yeah I've got top GEforce card but shadow play just screws up. will try again but that's a goodone. thanks again!
Post 5 IP   flag post
No problem
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Nice job guys. Go aussie innovation

I have a few top end videos guys that do cinema stuff for some movies here. I'll send one over to them to see what they suggest.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
Yep 'Shadow Play' that utilizes the GPU for capture is the only way to get a good 60fps. The non GPU capture apps simply cannot handle it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
Spun so fast I fell off my bar stool!

Almost dropped my Foster's Mate
Post 9 IP   flag post
Haha. No Aussie drinks fosters David. It's just the crap we/they export
Post 10 IP   flag post
txgreg66 private msg quote post Address this user
Does anybody have screen capture suggestions for the ipad? I prefer to move around the property with a touch screen versus the laptop mouse.

This thread prompted me to try a couple of recordings on the fly using Camtasia (v7). For the risk of public humiliation(!) this is what it looks like on youtube. I'll re-do these walk throughs and with professional voiceover!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrVqkb_WwRI

Greg S
Realtor @ eXp Realty
Dallas, TX
Post 11 IP   flag post
Breezz private msg quote post Address this user
With a jailbroken iPad, you can install software to record your screen. Would be really easy to make this kind of video's with an iPad this way
Post 12 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
I'm an Android user both phone and tablet and the only reason I have an iPad is for MP. I have a some questions below.

First is jail breaking difficult to do?

Will it affect the performance of the iPad?

I have to log into iTune in the US to get updates and I live in the UK will this have an impact on that?

What applications would I use?

The last thing I would want to do is screw-up my iPad so it wouldn't work with MP or iTunes.

Thanks
Post 13 IP   flag post
Come on man, this is 2015, use google and you can answer every question within 10 minutes. You look old enough to do that
Post 14 IP   flag post
That's what a forum is for. For advice. Ease up
Post 15 IP   flag post
Breezz, I guess you don't have the sprite of this forum, as we're all here to help each other out. This is the first time I've come across this type of comments. I don't think you belong here.
Post 16 IP   flag post
No I do like to help people
But it's just too easy to ask 5 questions about jailbraiking without even reading about for 5 minutes. Looking it up yourself is also better for you.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
If you have a MAC with airplay, the following may have what you're looking for. No jailbreaking required. I've not used it, but we've just started looking for the same capability and may pick it up.

https://andrewdouch.wordpress.com/2014/07/10/finally-record-the-screen-of-your-ipad-in-any-app-with-narration/
Post 18 IP   flag post
Thanks Mike but sadly I'm a PC user so I'd be out of luck with the app.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
It seems they do have a PC version:

http://www.x-mirage.com/download.html up through XP
Post 20 IP   flag post
Thanks Mike, I'll check it out and post me comments here.
Post 21 IP   flag post
EileenB private msg quote post Address this user
Here is another one. You can use "Reflector" to display what's on your ipad on your PC and capture that way. No jail breaking required.
http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/
Post 22 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user

I have a way to simulate a smooth screen capture but can't give away method. I will produce them for people if interested.
also here is a demo with the "walk through" transitions
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UTFpFUA4wM0
Post 23 IP   flag post
very nice Alex. Love that the rings are gone
Post 24 IP   flag post
101436 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?