Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseHelp WantedMarketing

Ski resort3779

Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone have a model of a ski resort I could use as a presentation piece?
Post 1 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
@htimsabbub23 do you mean a virtual tour of ski slopes or a Matterport model of ski rental shops, etc?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
I was thinking more along the lines of a lodge and rental area but I'm open to ideas.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Well, if it is just a lodge or rental area, it will be not different than any other Matterport project, like a hotel lobby or any shop.

I do not have examples of that kind of places with Matterport, but I do have samples of ski slopes that I made with a special camera (6 lenses, 7 panos per second, GPS or remote control activated, etc). I mapped a complete mountain (the biggest ski resort in South America with hundreds of kilometers of skiable tracks) in three days driving a snow mobile with my camera mounted in a backpack.

If you are interested, just send me a PM and I will explain and we can talk and exchange ideas.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
WOW! That's pretty ineradicable. I would love to chat more. I am doing this for what may be the smallest ski hill in USA. 200 ft vertical drop. But that being said it is where I learned to ride and love the winter snow. I will PM you so we can chat more. I appreciate the help.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
@jfantin Do you have a link that you can post to show the end results? looks very cool, is it just photospheres or photogrammetry as well ?
Post 6 IP   flag post
I am sorry for the delay. I missed your question @3DscannUK

This is a link to a small ski slope (just a few hundred meters). I took one pano each 10 meters while driving with a snow mobile at reasonable speed (it was green slope for begginers and children). I would say that it took me a couple of minutes at most.

http://www.phisigmainteractive.com/LaHoyita-Catedral/index.html

In the lower left corner you have access to a map and the possition of each pano (by clicking on the spots you move to that pano).

The camera has 6 lenses and the images have all the info needed (lat, long, altitude, speed and direction, etc)

The entire ski complex was done in three days working 4 to 5 hours per day
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?