Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase

Matterport Showcase of Local Fire Station3759

WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All -

I wanted to share this Showcase, just released for distribution by the City ... I did this in an afternoon as a good will project.

We are still adding details, including Mattertags to link to other department content. It's a work in progress, which is something that can be done with Matterport!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Chemistrydoc

That's great!

Here's a fire station from another Pro in a different Forum discussion about scanning non-profits ...

Dan

---
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Tosolini
Here is a recent scan I donated to a local firefighting station ... for training purposes (lots of detailed Mattertags)

Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
It's been a hit so far - less than 24 hours on the GSFR FB page and over 1000 model views!
Post 3 IP   flag post
TourMySpace private msg quote post Address this user
Was there any hoops to jump through for approval to do this tour?

With my luck they would get a call right in the middle of scanning. lol.

Bill
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
@RealEstateVR

Not serious hoops. The Fire Chief and the City approved the format and will allow us to add Mattertags as we develop the content.

Funny story - YES, there were three calls in the middle of the shoot. The new Rosenbauer 3000 made all three of these. If you look carefully, you can tell when this vehicle (front row, second from the right, next to the command SUV) was there and when it wasn't! Shhhhhh!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
TourMySpace private msg quote post Address this user
Even after telling me that I can't find it.

Bill
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
The guys were terrific in parking the vehicle nearly exactly in the same position. If you are in the space between the front row and the back row, more on the left side of the bay, you can see that the back bit of the Rosenbauer 3000 is missing in some of them. It's why I didn't scan right in the middle of the space between vehicles (front and back)- I reduced the line of sight as much as possible.

Them's the realities of being in a dynamic environment!

What amazed me is how they cleaned and organized before the shoot. The station is normally a model of organization, but they took it to a new level! They frequently get many drop in visitors, since we are a beach community, so it's always clean and neat.....but on shoot day, it was SPOTLESS!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@chemistrydoc Very nice work! Take a look at the Mattertags in our scan, there might be some content there that can be re-used.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Thanks for your generous offer! The Fire Chief has assigned one of his officers to supply me content each week until they have it to a more complete state. They also have a bunch of video content that we will be linking via Mattertag.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@Chemistrydoc as a volunteer firefighter for over 28 years I appreciate you doing this! I am working on doing my station. We have three in town right now and will be consolidating to one within the next year. So it will be a little historic scan also. We are looking at doing the scan to produce to show the public what we use the tools we use. I am looking forward to using @metroplex360 MatterPlus with it!

Again thanks for doing this scan. It gives firefighters well deserved PR!
Post 10 IP   flag post
101437 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?