Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 617 Unique Visitors
9,067 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,740 Page Views | 18,842 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Ideas to improve dark cabinets scan quality?3707

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Overall I've been impressed with the noticeable quality improvements since the last Matterport firmware update.

One issue that hasn't improved; however, is the issues with dark cabinets or dresser units. I find they just suck all the light out of the room, especially in smaller houses.

Any ideas to having the 3D model images look better? If there was auxillary battery-powered lighting shining on them from out of scene would that help?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I use an led light with a white umbrella and stand behind the camera. Works fairly well. As good as can be expected
Post 2 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamie can you share some pictures of led and umbrella?
What kind of umbrella do you use?
Thanks
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
The light, like this one
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01KZLM3QC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_IROHybJMHGT3N

The umbrella, like this one
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00VWD2VUG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fTOHybJGYBRZ6
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_City_3D
Any ideas to having the 3D model images look better? If there was auxillary battery-powered lighting shining on them from out of scene would that help?

Do you think that attaching a poster board to the outside of that window would have helped balance out the scene's lighting so that Matterport would have raised the median level of light?

I shoot a lot of homes like this and while I do not stick cardboard over the home, I am pretty confident that the tour will look like this unless it's overcast outside. I wish the 'window' tool in Matterport Capture would apply some logic to the processing of such tours .... I cannot think of a simple way to do it ...

ALL Matterport Tours could use their 'Darks' raised by '50' (in Lightroom / ACR terms). And their saturation or vibrance boosted a bit. Those are default presets that I used when offering street view conversions. Made a world of difference.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101954 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?