Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.objAdviceFloor PlansHelp WantedNewbies

Hi! Question regarding floor plans3668

polygon_imagery private msg quote post Address this user
Hi! I am a brand new camera owner. I am in both the AEC industry as well as a Realtor, so this camera has a lot of crossover for us. I am wanting to get viable CAD floor plans as well as try out the service Matterport offers for generating plans but am running into 2 issues that I was hoping to get advice on.

1. Where in the workshop can I order the floor plans? This must be so obvious that I am missing it.

2. We imported the .obj into CAD and there was not a straight line to be found, so we would essentially have to draw new ones over what was imported, while losing accuracy in the process. We don't use Revit, so how can I generate better plans directly from the camera.

I have been reading a lot of threads and already learning a lot. Thanks in advance!

Alicia
Post 1 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Alicia,

I don't know the answer to your second question, but you can find the button to order a floor plan here.

This button may not be there for you. If that is the case, go to your account settings and under the Account Tab, enable plan add-ons.

Thanks,
Jon
Post 2 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
I"m looking forward to those answers as well, we are using data from locations that we will recreate in a studio and importing into auto cad, held high hopes for me. I am also in need of a floor plan so that was next up. Sorry I can't answer but looking forward to learning as well! Thanks

Spencer

360 is Slick
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@polygon_imagery
@Spencerlasky

Some related Forum discussions for the AEC space:

Accuracy of Matterport Scan for Construction
Matterport for Construction Projects?
VirtualSite for AEC | OBJ-->PTS/FBX/3DS/More
Matterport Object File to SketchUp .SKP File

Best,

Dan

P.S. Plus, you may find these related solutions helpful ...

Post 4 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks so much - I have a storage file issue, related to the iPad, I'll look for the right thread to post that - thanks Dan!
Post 5 IP   flag post
polygon_imagery private msg quote post Address this user
Ahhh I would have never known to go into my account settings to allow that. Thank you! Also thanks for the links Dan, I'll read through them.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?