Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3rd Party Service ProviderBlueSketchFloor PlansVirtual Staging

Best Method for Calculatig SQFT of a Scan3546

plorenz private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone & happy holidays! Just checking to see what you guys recommend for pulling the best/most accurate square footage from a scan. I've been looking through some of the third party options but don't have experience with many and I greatly appreciate your recommendations!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, many people here praise this http://matterapps.com/mp2sqftplus/

If you order a 2D Floor Plan from Blue-Sketch our tool will also calculate the square footage of the floor plan.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@PetraSoderling - I didn't realize you did this as part of Blue-Sketch! Curiously - have you found that your results and MP2SQFT's line up? I would assume that yours are more accurate as far as the SQFT of the building as you would be taking the inner walls into your calculations whereas MP2SQFT is only taking actual scanned surfaces into account as per the information generated in Matterport Spaces.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't done a comparison but it would be interesting to do. I add a 6" outer wall around the scanned area, plus 4" inner walls.

I can get the total sqft outside of outer walls, just floor area excluding inner walls, or area inside of outer walls including inner walls. Floor plans cover unscanned closets etc.

Anyone in the forum who has ordered a floor plan from me plus ran their scan through MP2SQFT ?
Post 4 IP   flag post
101429 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?