Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor Plans

How to do a floor plan without a scan?3536

Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I have a friend that needs a floor plan (but not a full matterport scan) ... Anyone have suggestions for a cost-effective option?
Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
No personal experience with these - but many apps claim to do the trick:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magicplan/id427424432?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roomscan-pro-app-that-draws/id673673795?mt=8

OR - for a Matterport-like floorplan ONLY tool:

https://canvas.io/
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
I've used the MagicPlan App with success. If you are careful, the iPad scan will be accurate enough, although I always bring a laser to confirm critical measurements.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
It also depends on what tools you have to capture the data. If all you have is a tape measure and pad. Then I would use Matterport and only do enough scans for a floor plan. It also depends on how big the project is, I spent six months doing architectural property measurements and it is not as easy as many think. I was using a Leica disto and inputting data into CAD and on any project over 1500 spft it would take a few hours, no different then using Matterport. So I think it depends on what tools and time you have on best method.

Metroplex360 great link, Structure Sensor has finally developed the app to do what they have been talking about for years. They also decreased the price, definitely a nice tool for small projects.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Ron, the last time I did this, my total time commitment was about 3 hours. This was for a 3300 sq ft main house and a 1700 sq ft guest house. The only shortcoming of MagicPlan is that it can't handle curves.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I just never had much luck with MagicPlan, it just did not have a good work flow for me. I tested it about 2 years ago and have not tried it since. Good idea if it works for you and also inexpensive, just time. But if the house you did took about 3 hours, why wouldn't you just scan a basic scan with matterport and you would get everything including curves?
Ron
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a Bosch GLM 50 CX for this it has blue tooth to an app that makes the plans for you. It is not a quick and done process, though. It still requires some time to get everything. I think I would do the minimum number of matterport scan route. Seems the quickest and easiest. And price for that. I would reduce the price of the scan based on a reduced number of scans and not provide the model to client just floor plans.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101421 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?