Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
APIMP2SQFTSDKWish List

Matterport API/SDK "Wish Lists"3519

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Exponential Growth is coming soon to Matterport ... once, Matterport officially releases its APIs/SDKs.

The following is from my We Get Around Network Forum post on 22 May 2015.

-----

I sent this API/SDK "Wish List to Matterport today (22 May 2015. I would like to send them an addendum of additional API/SDK from you (and all other members of the Forum). May I get your additional thoughts by Wednesday, 3 June 2015?

Phase 1

1. Title
2. Model
3. Thumbnail
4. Starting PoV
5. Date Created
6. (Public only)

Phase 2 [* = new field in my.matterport.com]

1. Up to first 25 additional thumbnails
2. Street address, City, State, Zip Code Country
3. Longitude and latitude (based on Capture app 1st shot; can be tweaked in 3D Workshop)
4. Google Maps link
5. Model category* (pre-defined; select from list of X that includes up to X nesting in each)
6. Model status* (for sale, for rent, for lease)
7. Vanity Short URL*
8. Enable autoplay
9. Credits
A. Powered by [Photographer] with [Photographer logo*] linked to website*
B. Created for [Client*] with [Client logo*] linked to website*
C. Client logo*
D. About Photographer*
E. About Client*
F. Other models by Photographer*
G. Other models by Client*
10. Connect
A. Photographer via email* (may be different than used to manage Matterport account)
B. Photographer via Twitter*
C. Client via email*
D. Client via Twitter*
11. Description - up to 100 words*
12. Tags - up to 10*
13. Facebook
A. Facebook title* (If left blank, defaults to Model title)
B. Facebook description* (If left blank, defaults to Description*)
C. Facebook image* (If left blank, defaults to “set as thumbnail”)
14. Twitter
A. Twitter title* (If left blank, defaults to Model title)
B. Twitter pre-written tweet* (If left blank, defaults to Description*)
C. Twitter image* (If left blank, defaults to “set as thumbnail”)
15. hashtag*
16. Video*
A. Video created from model and published to YouTube*
B. Video created from model and published to Vimeo*
C. Video created by Matterport and via Matterport*
D. Video created by Photographer and published to YouTube*
E. Video created by Photographer and published to Vimeo*
F. Video created by Photographer and uploaded to Matterport*
G. Video created from model and published to YouTube*
17. Social Sharing*
A. Check the box to display Photographers’ Twitter / YouTube / Pinterest / Facebook / Google + / LinkedIn
B. Check the box to display Clients’ Twitter / YouTube / Pinterest / Facebook / Google + / LinkedIn
18. Views*
19. Time Watched*
20. Thumbs Up votes*
21. Thumbs Down votes*
22. Comments*
23. Easy syndication*
24. Set Due North* (via Capture and correctable in 3D Workshop) (Useful for VR too)
25. Waypoint tags*
26. MLS listing number*
27. Zillow.com listing number*
28. Realtor.com listing number*
29. Other listing numbers*

Thanks,

Dan

---

On June 3, 201[b]5
, I posted this to the Forum ...

Today (3 June 2015), I sent Matterport these additional API "wish list" items based on the additional input of @CKC and AR/VR developer @Foundry45

---

1. pull all data (panos, each pano center point, mesh at that point) —> new experience or interactions within Unity
2. changing paint colors
3. adding / rearranging furniture
4. adding pop-up videos
5. experience time-laps sunsets
6. hearing audio as you walk into a room
7. adding atmospheric sounds
8. adding annotations, scription the motion through the space
9. mesh data might help in aligning a point colud with 10. tracking provided by Vuforia or Metaio
11. The mesh could take the M out of SLAM (simultaneous location and mapping)
12. Walk through a space in pass-through mode (the video camera is on) that precisely overlays information as you walk through. (Such as in a museum, an X-ray view of other rooms (ie. you can see what direction other exhibits are in just by looking around (Yelp app style, but more detailed)
13. international language support.

---

If you have addition "wish list" ideas for the API -- especially for virtual reality -- please post to this thread. I will aggregate and email to Matterport.

Thanks,

Dan

---

Matterport
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
What else would you add to the "wish list" for Matterport APIs/SDKs?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
14. Common sense.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
An SDK, by definition, is a 'Software Development Kit', so there are things that an SDK -is- and things that an SDK is not.

Matterport have already started a beta of their VR SDK for app developers. The VR SDK allows Matterport tours to be embedded within other apps in the same manner that we currently embed tours into websites with an <iframe>. The difference is that an SDK is required to do this for mobile apps, whereas a code snippet can be quickly added to a website without the need for an SDK.

Next - Matterport has a RESTful API powered by Django. While not documented by Matterport, most third party developers have been aware of it's existence and how to use it.

A REST API in a broad sense can be used to push and pull information via JSON/XML, which is a standard format to exchange data in multi-dimensional arrays. For those who are not developers - this means instead of a list of things like -- Title, Thumbnail, Address -- it means -- Title, Thumbnails (#1, #2, #3, ...), Address (City, State, Zip, etc) -- wherein items can have multiple values -- and values can have multiple values.

I have documented the different endpoints here.

The REST API is used internally by Workshop, Showcase, the VR App and Showcase App. It is used by WP3D Models, MatterApps and even the We Get Around Network.

When logged into Portal, an authentication token is generated which allows information to be pushed back to certain endpoints which include editing data fields and uploading models (used by Capture App).

I believe that Matterport should document the REST API.

This would take care of almost all of Dan's list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Phase 1

1. Title
2. Model
3. Thumbnail
4. Starting PoV
5. Date Created
6. (Public only)

All things already in the public, undocumented REST API

Dan's Phase 2 --

1. Up to first 25 additional thumbnails
API - Created in Workshop; Already in REST API.

2. Street address, City, State, Zip Code Country
API - Already in REST API.

3. Longitude and latitude (based on Capture app 1st shot; can be tweaked in 3D Workshop)
Capture App - Capture App does not use GPS as the Matterport doesn't capture GPS and a Wifi iPad does not capture GPS either. The only way we could get GPS is to use Google Maps to cross reference the address. This would not be precise.

4. Google Maps link
Portal - I don't see this as core functionality. Matterport already have integrated Google Maps API in portal to auto-complete addresses. I'm on the fence as to whether or not they should do this, or simply store the address GPS for 3rd party use.

5. Model category* (pre-defined; select from list of X that includes up to X nesting in each)

Portal - Good idea; especially if Matterport want to build a map of our models on their own website. API would be able to retrieve the selected category.

6. Model status* (for sale, for rent, for lease)

Portal - Sounds like a tag.

7. Vanity Short URL*
Portal - We can already create via our own URL shortener. What Matterport should consider is providing permalinks. This would allow users to upload a new version of a tour and to swap the permalink in Portal rather than having to have their clients update links to an embedded tour.

8. Enable autoplay
Portal - If forcing parameters (&play=1) is a functionality of Workshop, then we may as well have the ability to set all parameter defaults within Workshop.

9. Credits