Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 592 Unique Visitors
9,059 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,544 Page Views | 18,922 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Buy a Shovel and Send It To Matterport3513

StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sending a shovel so Matterport can start digging their own grave. It's a really nice shovel, too.

Why?

Because they are going to SHUT DOWN the new tools that MatterPlus just introduced...the AMAZING tools that make sense and could REALLY boost my sales.

It's so [redacted] stupid...I just can't wrap my head around the fact they ARE going to do this.

NOTHING up to this day will UPSET more Matterport Professionals than taking away what was just introduced this morning.

Complete [redacted] morons. No explanation, no conversation, no nothing.

I can just hear the MatterGods talking at their corporate office. "What you have, I taketh away. [Redacted] progress and [redacted] our investors."

The 'good' news is in a couple of years they might introduce their own version.

Just stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
The amount of time and energy put into building Matterplus and seeing the project thru makes me think they might allow this one to stay.

Track record says no but Christmas says yes.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Baxter

Here's Matterports response:
"Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha"
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
I shouldn't read this while driving. Almost hit someone. Too funny
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveHattan I have a good relationship with Matterport and made this as a fan project, not to create contempt.

Any negative statements towards Matterport in relation to my projects go against why I am doing what I do.
Post 5 IP   flag post
kevshed private msg quote post Address this user
To be honest it's pretty naive business practice, and their investors should be guiding them if their own leadership doesn't see the opportunity.

The 'right' thing to do, is to consider the benefit and act accordingly. A simple path would be for the to simply endorse the offering - if not acceptable - then they should consider live if in and making available as an alternative to R&D.

Very very simple stuff.
Kev
Post 6 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
@StevenHattan It is hard for me to get a read on you.

You type a 900 word rant about people complaining then you post this as a preemptive complaint for when MP shuts down the awesome product by Metroplex360 which as far as I know has not happened yet and may not happen.

Change of heart? Contrarian? Troll? Just like to stir the pot?

Maybe there was an event that I missed? Really trying to understand.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360

It's easier NOT to have something than have something and have it taken away. My grandma told me that about air conditioning. She went to a friends house that had it back in the day and it amazed her. She was depressed that her family could not afford it. Can you hardly blame her?

I'm very supportive of Matterport, always have been. However, it's much harder than I thought to create a business from it...probably like most (not all) people on here.

These tools you have introduced make everyone's job easier. To see something like this and NOT be able to use it is tough...or...depressing.

I say this even keeled with a smile on my face:

If I was Matterport I'd say YOU are [one of the] biggest problems this company faces when it comes to customer relations.

You single-handedly create the most negative emotions from this forum (perhaps not on purpose). "Matterport is stealing my clients" is the latest example. Dozens of negative posts followed with criticism, negativity, threats, etc.

Now you introduce something valuable to STRUGGLING MSP's only for Matterport to say Too Bad, Too Sad.

Your claim, "I have a good relationship with Matterport and made this as a fan project, not to create contempt" is only half true, at best...good intentions aside.

I believe you made this as a fan project but not the part to create contempt.

What do you think will happen? Of course you're creating contempt.

Just when the last issue has resolved itself (see above), here we go again. The previous was contempt by 'stealing' leads and now it's presenting something you KNOW we can't have.

What do you think the forum response is going to be? "Oh, that's OK. Matterport is smarter than all of us and know exactly what they're doing. It's ok we can't have great tools. It's ok to wait. They are a great company"???

Did you read KevShed's response, "To be honest it's pretty naive business practice, and their investors should be guiding them if their own leadership doesn't see the opportunity." Already talking against Gods.

The writing is on the wall. You're writing the same chapter over again with different characters.

The bottom line is, every time you do your amazing magic and MatterGods take it away, it's not a positive experience. It's not!

It BOGGLES my mind why the things you create can't be implemented by the Gods...but that's the reality.

Do I want to feel air conditioning for the very first time only to be told "Too Bad, So Sad"? I think I'd be better off not knowing about it in the first place.

I am most certainly NOT against you. I'm not against the MatterGods. I'll work with what I have and do the best I can. Just realize what you are actually doing. To your own admission, you don't have the best track record of thinking things through when it comes the emotion you create.

@alx3D Keep guessing....Merry Christmas.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@kevshed Matterport is actively working on the public API. I know this because there are changes to Showcase.

#1) Access to the public API under a system such as mine is now gone. (I have a workaround in place right now.)

#2) Access to the API is being setup wherein a special permission is added to the account in a similar manner that beta testers to Mattertag Links received.

I'm not exactly sure how Matterport intend to allow people to interface with their tours as they must be embedded with an IFRAME. They would need to introduce a way to use asynchronous javascript to embed (similar to Google Analytics -- a <script> embed rather than <iframe>.

Assuming that it already works, I should be able to adapt MatterPlus to their API easily with both a <script> embed and access to the API.

If and when I have access to this, I might be under an NDA, which means that I cannot publicly provide the new 'legit' version of MatterPlus.

While their API may be able to allow a webpage to understand where a user is within the tour and which direction they are facing - it is unlikely that the API will allow directly accessing the window that the tour shows up in in order to inject arbitrary HTML code (necessary for creating overlays like MatterPlus has) -- however, it would allow for voice narration. People could use jury rigged methods to overlay things over an IFRAME - but this would fall apart in full screen mode.

Perhaps Matterport are getting a simple public API ready and I'm championing it? While that would be VERY flattering; Matterport is a company that listens.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenHattan
@Metroplex360 If I was Matterport I'd say YOU are [one of the] biggest problems this company faces when it comes to customer relations.

You single-handedly create the most negative emotions from this forum (perhaps not on purpose). "Matterport is stealing my clients" is the latest example. Dozens of negative posts followed with criticism, negativity, threats, etc.

I redacted my post quickly as Matterport reached out to me. My post was one-sided and misleading and I regret being so divisive.

Matterport is looking for ways to engage a market that has very low penetration by MSPs and to provide opportunities for MSPs to stay busy and be compensated.

Matterport has made it clear to me that they want to leave a door open to me so that any future concerns I have can be immediately brought to them. An example of this is that the recent posts about another company being able to 'blur' panos. I contacted Matterport and got a straight answer.

Quote:
Your claim, "I have a good relationship with Matterport and made this as a fan project, not to create contempt" is only half true, at best...good intentions aside. I believe you made this as a fan project but not the part to create contempt. What do you think will happen? Of course you're creating contempt.

I have a great relationship with Matterport; this is a fan project; and I did not create it to create contempt. Why would I go to these lengths to create contempt?

The opportunity to create a proof of concept is satisfying for me and I enjoy sharing these ideas. I do recognize that there are users who would like to use these tools in a permanent manner. For that reason, I will make every effort that I can to keep them available and to eventually transition them to work with the official API when it is available.

I also encourage that if anyone can create anything wonderful with this tool, that they post it here and perhaps allow me to publish it. If anyone would like to create videos of their creations to publish to YouTube, it would be great feedback for Matterport to have them published.

Quote:
The bottom line is, every time you do your amazing magic and MatterGods take it away, it's not a positive experience. It's not!

The magic is Showcase itself. I would love if Matterport see and react to the demand for features like Street View publishing, showing SQFT/M2, providing stat feeds, providing a 2D Furniture Planner, exporting tour assets, adding event based tour customization, added embedded content to MatterTags and allowing photographic editing.

If any of my proof of concept works help to inspire Matterport, then I feel that I've served the community rather than setting up shop as an unnecessary 3rd party core functionality provider.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@StevenHattan

MatterPlus overlays digital assets on top of Matterport Spaces 3D Tours.

This means that Matterport will be fine with this amazing free tool that adds a huge amount of value to the Matterport eco-system.

Frankly, they should be THRILLED that a 3rd party developer has invested so much time, energy and effort to helping Matterport Pros succeed faster.

Matterport should send him a large check and invite Chris to be SVP, 3rd Party Developers (and continue to work out of Texas).

Plus, I imagine that Matterport would want to be supportive of an incredibly enthusiastic developer that continues to add so much value to all of us.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@DanSmigrod I don't want to work for Matterport I'd rather be out there scanning homes, apartment and businesses.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 I'm not sure I'd want to work FOR them either but I wouldn't mind working WITH them and filling the coffers.

The world needs more people like you. Merry Christmas!
Post 13 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
Metroplex360, do you have any youtube videos on programing or offer any over the web classes?
I am interested in learning. and someone like you that likes helping people is most definitely good at teaching.
Post 14 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
The Hubris and Ego of Matterport the Company is truly astonishing.

Excellent Work Chris! As critical as I have been people for blaming Matterport, this is pretty pathetic of them.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDImaging
Metroplex360, do you have any youtube videos on programing or offer any over the web classes?
I am interested in learning. and someone like you that likes helping people is most definitely good at teaching.

I am not a teacher . I am always happy to point people in the right direction and help.

@RenderingSpace Thank you 😁
Post 16 IP   flag post
suncoastskyview private msg quote post Address this user
There are thousands of great musicians out there, but there is only one that really understands internet marketing. Joe Bonnamassa gives away wonderful free songs & albums because he is well aware that the future of marketing is digital and free stuff moves the customers toward future purchases. By this technique, he was able to bypass the greedy record companies and promote his brand directly to customers & fans.

MP would be well advised to open their API to anyone who can make a positive contribution to this new technology and we who support it.

DJI is another example: They have extremely talented engineers and produce incredible tech, but their customer service is the worst I've ever encountered. When my drone finally gives up, I hope that DJI's competitors have caught up to them and I won't hesitate to spend my money elsewhere.
Let's hope that Matterport learns quickly.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@suncoastskyview There's an API on the way! I do not know the day or hour and I do not know if it will do everything I want it to do when it first arrives -- but it's coming!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Best news I've heard.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360
@StevenHattan

Matterport Announces API and Software Development Kit

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/253/page/1/matterport-api-and-software-development-kit/

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360
@StevenHattan

Matterport announces API and Software Development Kit ...

[That post - and API wish lists - were from 7 April 2015: almost two years ago. See also What ever happened to Matterport 3D Studio??]

I imagine that the extremely long lag between announcement and release is the result of too many initiatives at Matterport all placing demands on the Matterport development team for their priorities.

Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
REST API Docs.
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360 You rock! Dan
Post 23 IP   flag post
101772 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?