Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 592 Unique Visitors
9,059 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,544 Page Views | 18,922 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase

New! MatterPlus: Add Video, Text-to-Speech +3511

Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
5.10am here and I wish I was joking. Already ready for bed.
Post 26 IP   flag post
dykchau private msg quote post Address this user
So amazing and unbelievable. Thanks @Metroplex360 and Merry Christmas!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Just added in social media sharing icons. This functionality is built into showcase already, just not enabled.
Post 28 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 responsivevoice.org didn't work in Samsung's "GearVR web browser." However it does work in Samsung's mobile "Web Browser." It gets confusing. Samsung gives away it's mobile browser in the Play Store. Samsung also makes it's Gear VR browser usable in Gear VR. I assume the two browsers are related.

Anyway, looks like your tool works in the regular Samsung mobile browser (which you can get from the Play Store). When Samsung says 400,000 people use their browser, they're probably talking about their mobile "Web Browser" since I don't know if they've sold 400,000 Gear VRs.

Those MatterPlusTags are very helpful, especially in a place like that museum which has lots of things that need explaining. My wish list item is -- change a MatterPlusTag's appearance after I click it so I'll know I've already viewed that tag. With lots of tags in a place like a museum, I may keep revisiting the same ones. If unvisited tags were apparent, I could instantly identify the ones I need to explore next. An analogy is links on a Web page. I know the ones I've visited because of their color.
That's the unfortunate facts of IT life. You make a great program and right off the bat, users start giving you more work.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@UserName So really, responsivevoice.org is nice, but it doesn't offer any increase in compatibility?

What I think is fun about Matter+ is that I'm implementing ideas that Matterport would not likely want to implement as they are not ideas that work well on all platforms. I haven't put forth the effort to test extensively on mobile. I'm pretty certain that the information windows are not sized correctly to work on mobile.

For instance, the column is definitely not going to work on mobile, so I need to make it display as a column that can be retract.

My favorite things about Matter+ are the simple things:

#1) Embedded Video and Audio in MatterTags
#2) Enabling of the Social Share icons that have been dormant in showcase for months and months.

Perhaps the video box is the best overlay feature as it's the most likely to look right on mobile.

--

Matterport have fine tuned Showcase to work the same on all platforms. Bells and whistles are nice -- but they've got to work for all people or people will just complain

I will take a look into cleaning things up a little bit.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Faga private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 Very well done!! Thank you for all your efforts.

Last week I was talking with a customer about the possibility of embedding videos or pictures as a pop-up instead of a new tab. I hope Matterport will allow you and us to use these new features.

Looking fwd to hear your good news...
Post 31 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Faga My hope is that Matterport will ignore as I don't see MatterPlus as detrimental to their business plan. It would be -wonderful- if it were to stay functioning until all functionality could be replicated using an officially sanctioned API.
Post 32 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
I don't see it as a violation of their terms. You do not alter their model or use it outside the Matterport spaces. So should be perfectly legit.
Post 33 IP   flag post
@Metropolex360 - You'll may like this one. A while back, Google bought a company that invented Marzipano, a VR tour creation tool similar some available commercially. The engineers who worked for that company now work on improving Google's Street View application - so they know what they're doing when it come to VR.

Apparently, Google doesn't care about selling VR tour creation software because they open-sourced it with no strings attached. The Marizipano's home page says that this is not an "official" Google product. However, when you read the License.txt file, you see "Copyright 2016 Google Inc. All Rights Reserved." Google owns the company that made it, they own the tool but they don't call it an official Google product.

The program has an easy to use UI that lets you create VR tours rapidly by loading 360 pano images and videos. It all works locally on your hard drive. When you're done, copy the folder of files the tool creats to your Web server and you're live with your own VR tour.

Here are some notes ..

1) You import 360 photos from your hard drive.

2) You drag informational tags to locations within a and set their text properties, ie "This is a lamp" if you want to draw attention to a lamp. Because the tags are divs, they move with the scene as you drag the scene in different directions. They're anchored in place.

3) You drag waypoints to where you want them and set their "What happens when I click this waypoint" property. Normally, people want a waypoint click to move them somewhere. In Matterport, that's to a new location in the room (aka, a new pano and xyz model coordinate). So, if you want your waypoint to take you to another pano, you select that pano's file name from a menu that lists your pano names. The UI makes all this easy to do.

4) You choose a different scene transition effect if you like.

5) Click "Export" and the app stores everything in a single folder on your hard drive. You can then test your tour in a browser locally before upload the folder your Web host/server/ISP/Blog server.

The part you'll like is the open source code. You can change any of the CSS.JavaScript and HTML. Add jQuery if you want to. Those tags, for instance have default CSS class attributes. Alter the classes to change the way atgs look and react. Alter JavaScript event handlers to make tags do anything you want when clicked. For instance, you might make a lightbox div containing a video appear when someone clicks a tag or hovers over it.

I don't have any 360 images taken in one room. To simulate movement in a room, I'd need several 360 photos taken from different vantage points in one room. That way, a tag click in one pano would show the next pano. That pano would be my next "waypoint." I have, however, loaded random 360 images to test the tool.

This page shows demos that showcase some of the software's features. You can also add 360 videos to a tour.

This demo shows how you can make an object, such as a YouTube player, run inside a container that's in your scene. Click the YouTube" choice to see a video play in a billboard.

Here you can test different scene transition effects and set parameters to create your own custom transitions. You could customize those even more if you altered the source code. The default Opacity change seems to work best to simulate movement within a room.

This tool won't replace Matterport, but it's an interesting diversion and quick way to create a VR tour that contains informative tags and clickable waypoints. I suppose you could turn it into a talkie tour too,even though 2D photos aren't like 3D Matteport models that have real x, y and z coordinates. I think the biggest challenge would be aligning waypoints so when you click one, you appear to move realistically across the room assuming you have linked panos created from photos taken in one room.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by frstbubble
I don't see it as a violation of their terms. You do not alter their model or use it outside the Matterport spaces. So should be perfectly legit.

"... no portion of the Service may be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, used to create derivative works from, decompiled, reverse engineered, disassembled, uploaded, posted, transmitted, exploited, or distributed in any way without the prior written permission of Matterport (other than as needed for your computer or device to interface with the Service). Without limiting the generality of the previous sentence, you agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Service without Matterport’s prior written authorization, unless Matterport makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered through normal use by the Service (such as the Matterport Viewer). You also agree not to access the Service through any technology or means other than through the pages of the Matterport website, the Matterport Viewer, or other explicitly authorized means Matterport may designate. If you use the Matterport Viewer on your website, you may not modify, build upon, hide, or block any portion or functionality of the Matterport Viewer, including but not limited to links back to the Matterport website. Any use of the Matterport Viewer on your website will be subject to these Terms. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any portion of the Service or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content therein. Any unauthorized use or modification of any of the materials available on the Service is a violation of the copyrights and other proprietary rights of Matterport and its licensors. Written permission for any such unauthorized use or modification must be obtained from Matterport in advance; such requests should be submitted via an email to <a href="mailto:info@matterport.com">info@matterport.com</a>.&nbsp; Matterport reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I just wrote a detailed analysis of that TOS quote that took 60 minutes to write and the forum decided to discard it.

So I'll summarize --

Matterport can turn a blind eye to my projects and provisionally allow me to continue to play around; or they can decide to uphold their TOS to the very legal definition of their terms if they so choose.

Showcase is their property and they have every right to shape its destiny. I am hoping that my experiments help to influence some of the future features we may see!
Post 36 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
@Metropolex360 - You'll may like this one. A while back, Google bought a company that invented Marzipano, a VR tour creation tool similar some available commercially. The engineers who worked for that company now work on improving Google's Street View application - so they know what they're doing when it come to VR.

What a COOL project! I've never seen such a rich, open platform for showing panos on the web with so many great features. I -love- how they handled embedded hotspots -- it's just like MatterTags!

You know ... the one thing that always gets me is how to take the Matterport data and automatically be able to create links between all panoramas and automatically generate a standalone tour not dependent on Showcase. I think it would be awesome to be able to do this using Marzipano, as it's the best platform I've seen.

I know someone who understands how to use the data from the tour to remap the location of the panos... and I wish I did. I attempted and failed.

But what I don't see is that there would be any point to doing so -- Showcase is absolutely fantastic and there's nothing like it that combines a 3D Mesh with 2D panos and smoothly transitions between a dollhouse and floorplan. That's my disclaimer -- it's a pointless project that would be FANTASTIC AND FUN to do.

Quote:
Apparently, Google doesn't care about selling VR tour creation software because they open-sourced it with no strings attached. The Marizipano's home page says that this is not an "official" Google product. However, when you read the License.txt file, you see "Copyright 2016 Google Inc. All Rights Reserved." Google owns the company that made it, they own the tool but they don't call it an official Google product.

Like when Google bought Motorola. They do a lot of strategic things when they acquire companies for the talent or bypass patents, etc. Very smart. The following article is a story that I think is so fantastic that shows that Google finds great win-win solutions that they can do because of financial leverage:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/02/10/how-google-used-motorola-to-smack-down-samsung-twice/#433ac2d953ab

Quote:
The program has an easy to use UI that lets you create VR tours rapidly by loading 360 pano images and videos. It all works locally on your hard drive. When you're done, copy the folder of files the tool creats to your Web server and you're live with your own VR tour.

But one has to painstakingly map connected panos together... that's where Matterport is awesome -- no mapping the pano locations and 'weaving' a tour. Google Street View is similar (but has a high margin for error and a high need for correction)

Quote:
3) You drag waypoints to where you want them and set their "What happens when I click this waypoint" property. Normally, people want a waypoint click to move them somewhere. In Matterport, that's to a new location in the room (aka, a new pano and xyz model coordinate). So, if you want your waypoint to take you to another pano, you select that pano's file name from a menu that lists your pano names. The UI makes all this easy to do.

Easy, but take a 200 scan Matterport Tour and in theory, lets say you can get all of the panos with one click -- you have a LOT of waypoints to place... Pano2VR was my tour builder that I used and it had that too...

When I saw MP2VR by GarySnyder... I wanted to know how he was able to link all of the tours together... I still haven't a clue. Was it all being done manually?! I'm still on a journey to figure out how it could be done...

Quote:
The part you'll like is the open source code. You can change any of the CSS.JavaScript and HTML. Add jQuery if you want to. Those tags, for instance have default CSS class attributes. Alter the classes to change the way atgs look and react. Alter JavaScript event handlers to make tags do anything you want when clicked. For instance, you might make a lightbox div containing a video appear when someone clicks a tag or hovers over it.

It's REALLY fantastic.

Quote:
Here you can test different scene transition effects and set parameters to create your own custom transitions. You could customize those even more if you altered the source code. The default Opacity change seems to work best to simulate movement within a room.

We can do the same with Matterport BTW -- using the Konami Code the same list of transitions is available in a slightly different form.

Quote:
This tool won't replace Matterport, but it's an interesting diversion and quick way to create a VR tour that contains informative tags and clickable waypoints.

I'd opt to use Pano2VR rather than this if I were needing to make a VR Tour... but! If I were looking to develop something that could automatically build a tour if I had a map of where all panos should connect -- this would be at the CORE of the project HANDS DOWN.

Will I? Probably not. Would I if I felt that I could? Yes.

Quote:
I suppose you could turn it into a talkie tour too,even though 2D photos aren't like 3D Matteport models that have real x, y and z coordinates. I think the biggest challenge would be aligning waypoints so when you click one, you appear to move realistically across the room assuming you have linked panos created from photos taken in one room.

Yes. Matterport Tours contain a bunch of great information -- but one thing that is curious is that rather than each pano having information about how they link (Waypoint style) -- the panos are actually placed within the 3D model. The spots on the floor appear as they are plotted in 3D and when clicking in the tour - we move to the next logical spot based on quaternian calculations (from my understanding of the patents filed by Matterport and from looking through the code). Matterport has cached the quaternian calculations too -- and I couldn't possibly explain how to use the data ....

But -- that's the problem with trying to reverse engineer and convert a Matterport Space to a traditional tour -- you'd be exporting panos and have to know how to calculate waypoints based on a full 3D model with points in space ... along with understanding the wall detection that is taken into account with their data -- one of the other standout things that Showcase does .... Pft. Street View Inside View is so terrible -- you can walk through walls. So stupid. Even though you manually set the connections between scenes, you can click anywhere to jump through a wall to the tour on the otherside.

---

SO -- MATTERPORT SHOWCASE IS ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING AND EVEN AFTER A FEW YEARS STILL IS SO MUCH MORE ADVANCED THAN ANYTHING OUT THERE!

The only areas that Matterport gives room for competition are:

#1) Matterport is a closed system.
#2) Matterport is NOT a DSLR camera (it's a bunch of 3D Webcams)
#3) Matterport limits the application of the tour and possibilities of their tours preventing innovation.

--

If someone could convert Matterport tours to an open platform -- let's say that we'd lose the 3D Mesh transitions and the dollhouse and floorplans wouldn't be as smoothly integrated -- but we had everthing else in place -- Well, then what would we do with our tours?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Interesting story on Google thinking. I'd imagine that they have the best strategic planners in the world.

Since we have the Google code I'm going to try a quick test ..

* Put live video on a TV playing in a 360 room.

A good example is the opening scene in that Landry house where the focus is on that wide-screen TV hanging by the door. If we overlay a div on top of the TV's black area and launch our own video, maybe it will look like the TV's playing the video as we walk around the room. All I need now is a 360 pano of a room with a TV. Facebook 360 posts have lots of panos you can download so I might try that.

Going a step further, we might could overlay animated 2D actors and objects in an outdoor pano. The old falling JavaScript snow trick for instance or birds flying by. I once posted a link showing how someone put a 3D object into a 3D pano. If that's possible, maybe we could put 3D objects such as furniture into a room. Ideally we'd have a virtual tour service nobody else has ..

Magic Tour where audio, animation, video, 3D overlays and all other amazing things happen in a room you can interact with. You're right about the mapping. You'd have to find a way to make a series of linked 3D panos appear to be a true three-dimensional object that had x, y and z coordinates in a common coordinate system.

I've looked through those thousands of lines of obfuscated Showcase code and they're doing some heavy lifting making it appear as if that camera is moving around in a 3-D world. As you noted, there's got to be an un-obfuscated version somewhere that developers can read easily. Even after you prettify that code it's still a chore to follow. It will be interesting to see what Matterport officially exposes in the desktop browser code since the player object's already visible.

I'm assuming that Matterport's upcoming SDK and API only apply to VR and nobody will ever be able to write 3rd party programs that do anything with Matterport models running on a laptop, mobile phone or PC. They seem to be focused on VR.

However, at a basic level, it shouldn't be too hard to link two panos together since lots of VR tours do it. One cumbersome task might be cloning waypoints. If I click a waypoint in pano 1, pano 2 appears. Pano 2 has to contain a waypoint (behind me) that points to pano 1. If both scenes have common waypoints, like one leading to the stairs, we'd have to make those types of waypoints align correctly in all panos. Google's UI makes it easy to DRAG waypoints around, but dragging waypoints around a pano doesn't automatically create a properly linked VR tour for you.

I think I'll just do the quick "Put a video in a TV" test for now. The basic code's already written because we can see a YouTube video playing in the billboard in that demo.

I'm guessing that some Matterport information will always be proprietary just like Google owns it's Street View images. Why share them if your data helps you dominate a market.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Going a step further, we might could overlay animated 2D actors and objects in an outdoor pano. The old falling JavaScript snow trick for instance or birds flying by. I once posted a link showing how someone put a 3D object into a 3D pano. If that's possible, maybe we could put 3D objects such as furniture into a room. Ideally we'd have a virtual tour service nobody else has ..

I can do all of this via MatterPlus ... if someone wanted it. MatterPlus basically is a way to overlay content on a tour.

https://simpl.info/videoalpha/

The creation of these videos seems a bit complicated and I'm not sure if all browsers support alpha transparency channels...

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2013/07/Alpha-transparency-in-Chrome-video

Quote:
I've looked through those thousands of lines of obfuscated Showcase code and they're doing some heavy lifting making it appear as if that camera is moving around in a 3-D world. As you noted, there's got to be an un-obfuscated version somewhere that developers can read easily. Even after you prettify that code it's still a chore to follow. It will be interesting to see what Matterport officially exposes in the desktop browser code since the player object's already visible.

Yes, the developer copy of Showcase certainly isn't one massive file -- it's all 'compiled' to a minified single file for quick download where all the comments are removed; all variable and function names are swapped to single arbitrary letters and it's a bit more difficult to look through.

The player object is -no longer- visible if you are referring to the Showcase Automation API. They removed this from automatically being accessible and instead made a function that will enable it on the condition that a flag (permission) is set. Even if that flag were set, they have hard coded it to still remain off.

That's why MatterPlus had to do a silly workaround to stay running. I hate to have to work around things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by username
However, at a basic level, it shouldn't be too hard to link two panos together since lots of VR tours do it. One cumbersome task might be cloning waypoints. If I click a waypoint in pano 1, pano 2 appears. Pano 2 has to contain a waypoint (behind me) that points to pano 1. If both scenes have common waypoints, like one leading to the stairs, we'd have to make those types of waypoints align correctly in all panos. Google's UI makes it easy to DRAG waypoints around, but dragging waypoints around a pano doesn't automatically create a properly linked VR tour for you.

Isn't Matterport smart for NOT using waypoints? Matterport 3D -really- is a 3D tour -- it's not really a 2D tour that uses a 3D mesh for pretty transitions -- it's REALLY a 3D tour that uses 2D panos for quality -- it's like we're moving between spheres in a 3D space
Post 39 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
10 Days ago (24 December 2016), @Metroplex360 announced (another) amazing, free MatterApps tool for the Matterport Community: MatterPlus.

And, so nice that it is still live.

It would be nice if Matterport would acknowledge this great, free tool that adds huge value to Matterport Pros so that we could actually begin offering solutions like adding video and eCommerce to Matterport Spaces, without the risk that Matterport might kill the latest innovation from @Metroplex360 (and we would then have to explain to our client why video, text-to-speech, eCommerce (and more) are no longer available.

Why do you think that Matterport has not acknowledged this great new innovation from @Metroplex360 ...?

Dan

P.S. Got an example of how you are using MatterPlus? Please share it here ...
Post 40 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Have they acknowledged anything so far?
Post 41 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Jamie Matterport have not acknowledged my fan project.

@DanSmigrod WGA has not yet posted any examples beyond Lisa's excellent Lowrider tour.

Personally my favorite feature that I want to use on my tours is ability to sure embedded image and videos in mattertags!
Post 42 IP   flag post
What if ... Matterports upgrading? In that job listing I posted they did say they needed someone to help them work on features that could/might be available between 6 and 12 (or was it 14) months from now.

Their options are to 1) improve the scanning side of it and 2) improve what users experience when they interact with models. I would assume that improving user experience would be a little important. And don't forget that wish list which they now have.

In the past, MP2VR existed. Then Matterport unveiled CoreVR. When they start charging for CoreVR, perhaps MP2VR use might increase (assuming that it decreased with the introduction of CoreVR). Who knows what's coming in the future. Since they have an IT department, maybe the developers do more than keep things working.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@UserName It is MY hope that Matterport take ideas that they LIKE from MatterPlus and integrate them as core features. I am NOT making a profit off of MatterPlus usage nor am I offering it as a paid service any time in the future.

If I am able to create something similar that is even greater, more useful, extensible and officially sanctioned by Matterport via being 100% API driven -- then perhaps WGA Members might receive it as a perk and be required to be signed up (not just forum members).

It is my hope that Matterport will add integrated video and photos to MatterTags. I implemented this via code injection --- analyzing the links (Which are in the embedding page) and injecting the images into the post itself and injecting a video in when it's a YouTube link... I added some custom javascript stuff to control the video so that when it appears, it starts, and when it disappears, it is destroyed (otherwise, it keeps playing despite being invisible). Then I added some CSS to make sure it looked right and the box was large enough. NOT THAT HARD TO DO.

I would -hope- that Matterport would consider this feature for core functionality in the spirit of ... "Hey we were kicking around this idea already, but when we saw your proof of concept, it convinced us that we needed to roll it out for everyone -- and we love how your proof of concept did it the right way!"

--

My hope is that Matterport will also release a column area that we can write to that is mobile responsive and preserves consistency in presentations, but unlimited possibilities for developers.
Post 44 IP   flag post
benn1973 private msg quote post Address this user
Woops
Post 45 IP   flag post
Gransky private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 - All I can say is WOW! As a photographer and videographer that stumbled across the Matterport platform, this would seriously make me consider giving up selling MP for real estate. I have so many non real estate commercial clients that would gobble up these video functions in a tour in a New York second!

On second thought, I don't think I would give up on real estate. I would just get out of the competition for those offering MP tours for 7 cents per square foot! ONLY offer high-end, video guided tours with extremely rich content.

Thank you - this kind of stuff actually gets me excited about the platform again and everything I envisioned it could be when I bought it!
Post 46 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gransky
@Metroplex360 - All I can say is WOW! As a photographer and videographer that stumbled across the Matterport platform, this would seriously make me consider giving up selling MP for real estate. I have so many non real estate commercial clients that would gobble up these video functions in a tour in a New York second!

Thanks @Granksy!

My favorite features of MatterPlus are simply the MatterTag improvements. After developing all the little event based triggers and the UI for people to be able to add everything -- I found that for my OWN personal uses, having embedded videos and photos in MatterTags were my favorite things -- that and being able to have a label at the bottom appear to identify each scene.

The ability to have a video in the bottom right and a text area at the top right are nice - but can make the tour a bit tough to navigate.

I hope to improve on MatterPlus when it makes sense. I have a bit of support from Matterport wherein they have A) not [yet] asked me to taken it down, B) expressed increased interest in building a stronger 3rd party platform, and C) stated that some of my tools are "very cool and that it sounds like if an SDK is coming that will be a great place to provide these options".

So! I'm glad that MatterPlus is helping you imagine new scenarios! My hope for 2017 is:

#1) Matterport provide an SDK for 3rd parties.
#2) I can make MatterPlus 100% SDK based -- which will then allow me to ENCOURAGE people to use it for commercial purposes.
#3) I receive feedback and requests for new functionality that will justify more development.
#4) Other third parties develop similar, different, and other amazing services based on the SDK and we have tons of great ideas to increase our ability to provide Matterport based services to our clients!
Post 47 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
As a *bump* I wanted to add to this thread that now all 360 Views open in a lightbox overlay, rather than exiting out of the current scene and placing viewers in a single pano with no clear way to return to the tour experience.

While I'm not actively working on MatterPlus, the excellent suggestion by @ScanMan was something I just could not resist implementing.
Post 48 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
WOW - that´s really cool. RESPECT.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Dana Point, CA
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! Definitely a more elegant interaction with the space that doesn't disrupt the tour- keeps it moving along, ones train of thought with it. Well done.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
New feature --

As per @UserName's suggestion, I've swapped out the 360 Viewer from PanoLens to Pannellum and implemented multi-resolution to take advantage of the tiling that Matterport provides in 512, 1k and 2k.

360 Views now load in 512 and then sharpen to the 1k and ultimately the 2k tiles.

Check it out!

Sample:
http://matterapps.com/plus/?m=NfwmJWbkXmL

You can substitute any tour ID in here to experience the player with MatterTag and 360 View enhancements.

Again, this is done with code injection to build new experiences on Showcase. No modifications have been made to Matterport's code -- just overrides via code injection.
Post 51 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360, is not working for me.

I am using Firefox and when I click on any 360 image in your sample model what I get is an image pointing to the top and then a bunch of images that appear and dissapear but no complete 360.

I don´t think it is my browser or my computer.

Then I tried with one of my models and it worked fine. So perhaps there is a problem with your model?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@jfantin I just tried the example from Metroplex and it worked fine for me.
Post 53 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
It's weird. The link with one of my models works perfectly fine and the original example didn't.

But I am glad that it is working.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@jfantin I did test the sample model and checked back again... not having any issues... (I picked a tour with a large number of exterior 360s that I subcontracted)

@Helen Thank you for testing and providing a second opinion!

--

Just limited the vertical panning to NOT show the missing nadir and zenith and I've managed to sync the start position with the preset.
Post 55 IP   flag post
101772 67 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?