Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture App

Is it possible to add scans.3424

TourMySpace private msg quote post Address this user
Is it possible to add scans that are in an area which is close to your starting point? Client said they didn't want to show a room near where I started scanning but then changed their mind.
Post 1 IP   flag post
pmjacoby private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, just go back and start start scanning near an existing scan. When you upload, a new model will be created but, you won't be charged for an additional model.(If were under 100 scans before but, the additional scan push you past 100 I assume you will incur an additional charge.)
Post 2 IP   flag post
TourMySpace private msg quote post Address this user
I tried what you are suggesting and the capture app said that I was too far from the last scanning position.
Post 3 IP   flag post
terrygrant private msg quote post Address this user
I have the same question. How do you get the camera to change where it is looking to align with last scan?
Post 4 IP   flag post
pmjacoby private msg quote post Address this user
In that case start the new scans in an area you've already scanned. Those "duplicate" scans can be hidden once the model is processed.

If the sun & shadows or any furniture could have moved since the original scans were done it may have trouble aligning so, you should consider where a safe (unchanged) point is to start the new scans, a hallway, powder room, etc. would be good.

If it still won't align, I've seen suggestions to lower the camera and rescan in an area you've already scanned then continue scanning at a lower height for a while into the new space before backtracking and scanning at normal height creating extra overlap to help with alignment. (I've never tried this.) I think it's
Post 5 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes you get lucky and it aligns the first time, but this rarely happens. You just have to be patient and keep moving it around until you catch.

You said "a client did not want to include a room". I assume you had this door closed off? If so, try starting around corner to get it to align. Work your way back to the room with the door open. I had this happen before. Start by making a copy of the model in the capture app. Once you get it to align in the other room, you can delete the scans where the room you did not do and then continue scanning. That way you do not have to worry about errors because the door is not in the same position.

I hope this helps!
Post 6 IP   flag post
101635 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?