Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
sdhphotonm private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Matterport newb here. Have been trying to get my photography/matterport business up and running while working 50+ hrs a week at a normal job that i am getting increasingly tired of. I have no had much time to direct to marketing and gaining clients and may be in a position to leave my full time job soon and jump right in and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some tried and true marketing tactics?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Get in front of people and show them your solutions.

It's cliché, but remember that your prospects listen to WIFM Radio.... as in, "What's In It For Me?".

If you're approaching agents for real estate photography you've got to have to make sure that your offerings include outside still photography, and almost everyone on this forum is a fan of WP3D models because that allows you to have the model on a single-page site along with other property detail info and whatever videos or floorplans you might include.

Remember that you won't be able to convince most agents that the 3D model will be what sells the house. They will see it as a tool that will cost them more money and you have to position it as a tool they can use to make more money. You need to convince them that they can, (as Dan says) "Win more and bigger listings".
Post 2 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Newbie,

My advise first and foremost is to stay in your current job until your business is well established. It's a quiet time right now with the holidays and the New Year is always a slow start.

The only way to market your business is face to face with prospective clients. This technology and its benefits will speak for itself once you show them. Offer some freebies so that you can showcase some sort of portfolio.

Be mindful of your pricing and don't be afraid to investigate what your competitors are charging.

Last but not least. NEVER give up!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
I am almost in the same boat as you. I have been doing a lot of marketing by way of mouth and meaning mostly mine. I do have a website and Facebook. I seem to be getting the majority of the work (which I need more of) just by talking to real estate agents. I want to quit my 50 an hour a week gig too. I am so close I can taste it. I am hoping for more business in the 1st quarter of 2017 so I can leave.
Post 4 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with the other comments.

I would suggest not trying to sell Matterport tours but tell them you can offer them a single property website with an interactive 3D and walk through tour. You can buy an .info website for a few dollars. Just forward it to the link on your page.

Are you friends with any realtors?

I would show up with my iPad ready to show them the websites and tours. I believe it was @chadcloses mentioned to go to open houses and talk to the agent there. I never tried this technique but it will put you in front of them.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
I've gone to several open houses with my cards and iPad and talked to realtors. I have 2 new clients from it who put me in front of all there people at the office meeting.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@radie842

Do you mention Matterport or do you just let the technology sell itself? The few times I did, it seemed like i was speaking Chinese or something. Now I just show them a single property website and let them take the tour. It seems to work best for me.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
I show them the tour and give them an example of how I wish this technology was out when I bought my house. I also focus on how this product is a listings winner.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Damian private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhphotonm
Hello Matterport newb here. Have been trying to get my photography/matterport business up and running while working 50+ hrs a week at a normal job that i am getting increasingly tired of. I have no had much time to direct to marketing and gaining clients and may be in a position to leave my full time job soon and jump right in and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some tried and true marketing tactics?

I'm in almost exactly the same situation as you. I'm just starting off, yet to get my camera, trying to work out the pros and cons of this and not knowing really how to proceed. I still can't don't know WP3D is !!!
I literally stumbled on this site and hope to learn more and hopefully get the courage to leave this boring job I have.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@damian

WP3D is a plugin for word press themed websites. It basically is a template that you use to make single property websites like www.123mainstreet.com. It really makes the tour look like so much more for realtors from a marketing prospective. There is a button for it below the map on top of every page on this forum.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Damian private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Justin I will definitely check it out.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Damian
Post 12 IP   flag post
101722 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?