Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCaveStrategyTips

Anyone ever scanned a cavern?3398

3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
In my search for unique locastions, I've considered approaching some of the local cavern tours. There are many in my area. I've read that the camera works well in lowlight areas, but would that be too lowlight?
Post 1 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
Someone is willing to pay you to do something like that?
Post 2 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
I haven't approached any of them yet, but My outlook has always been "It's definitely a no if I don't ask, so what do I have to lose?" :-)

I was just curious if it would technically work before I pitch it. May offer to do one free for proof of concept and then use it to market to others. I'm really looking for the most "outside of the box so far that you forget there was a box" kind of locations. I heard a great quote that has inspired me to keep searching for the aha thing and I forget who it was credited too, but essentially, it was "the electric light wasn't invented by perfecting the candle" :-)
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jacques private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I did it once. The accuracy of the 3D model was surprisingly good with that low lighting conditions, however the image quality was nos as good with some noise.

Hereunder is a screenshot of the Showcase:

Since then I deleted the model but you can see the related discussion here: clickable text.

Here is also another port on this subject from @360Verbeelding: clickable text.

Hope this helps.
Jacques
Post 4 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
Thank You @Jacques!
Post 5 IP   flag post
HawaiiTour private msg quote post Address this user
Hawaii Big Island Lava Tube. LED lighting.

Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Digital Twin by www.360VirtualTour.co Director Simon Sadek

Matterport Blog (1 March 2022) Walk in the shoes of an archeologist at these Spanish heritage sites
360 Virtual Tour Company captures digital twins of historical places in Ibiza for the world to experience
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Stump Cross Caverns, New Yorkshire, England | Matterport Digital Twin courtesy of Apollo 3D CEO Mark Shepherd via Matterport Blog

Matterport Blog (1 May 2023) Journey to the center of the earth at the Stump Cross Caverns | Join Apollo 3D as they discover an ancient world of the mysterious Stump Cross cave system hidden hundreds of feet below the surface.

---

Have you created a Matterport digital twin of a cave? Please share it here.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It is not a cave but similar. Once one client has asked me to scan a natural climbing wall. The idea was to do some overlay on top of 360 for safety. They came back later asking to do it more detailed with a BLK360 but it seemed I scared them with a quote. The quote was big but within my rates. However it included purchasing an elevation tripod to get a scanner at least 3.5 meters from a ground and all danger or an extra helper expense to move this tall construction on a lawn from one scan point to another.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, I saw a cave house with extensive caverns in the basement. I can’t find the link now.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Worlds best (2023) Drone LiDAR works in a Cave | Video courtesy of Indiana Drone YouTube Channel | 10 May 2023
Post 11 IP   flag post
101646 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?