Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
What a nice piece of equipment
clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
Cant wait. Saving for mine.. just 4 months to go
Post 2 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I can only dream, will be an eyewatering amount after coversion from USD to ZAR,
Post 3 IP   flag post
Into canadian as well. 15k usd is 21.5k cad atm
Yul
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Saving for it now. Hope to expand offerings into as built documentation in future.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm glad I saw it. Was about to buy a hand scanner but only 42,000 points per second. Almost the same price
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
@Jamie only have to wait till spring 2017
Post 7 IP   flag post
Yeah. Wish it was sooner
Post 8 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I am just interested in the applications you guys are going to use this unit for? For architectural documentation use, I see that. But for it to be used for real-estate documentation I don't see it, so if you can let me know, am I missing something?

Thank you
Ron
Post 9 IP   flag post
For me. Floor plan. Exterior mapping and property elevation
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
For construction progress documentation, finding issues before rework orders have to be made, final as-built drawings, and such. Not necessarily real estate use but for the construction industry. Both residential and commercial.
Post 11 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Just my thoughts, I spent this year doing what you both talk about. This unit will be good for indoor scans because of its distance restrictions. So if either of you are going to do exterior scans I would buy a used C10 or X330, both have been listed as used for. 12-18000 us. I just saw a FARO 130 for 12,000. I think the new Leica for indoor work great. For exterior work with multiple floors I found it tough even with X330 to do anything over two floor to get good usable data. I like the new like if you can work it with wifi it is easier to put on telescopic tripod to raise it higher, but again distance is what I see as deal killer for any exterior work. Just my thoughts and would be happy to talk with either, but if you have already have laser scanner experience I will say no more.

Ron
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thanks for the info Ron.
I do like the faro, and the 330 has an amazing Scanning range.
I'm potentially looking at mounting this on one of our drones, so the size and weight is appealing. I also looked at the Zeb1, but it scans less points per second and the cost is comparable. It also has a processing fee similar to matterport as well.

I'm more interested in elevation of the land, but of course building as well. Will have to see which application is the most suitable.
Good to see some of the used faro have come down in pice.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101428 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?