Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Quality issues: yellow and glare3278

grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

just having a question. For some reason my last 2 tours did not turn out quite as I expected image quality wise.

One tour was very yellow and the other one had no details in the windows, a lot of glare overall and yellow rings as well.

I had tours that turned out much better. Does anybody experience the same image quality issues?

This is the tour I scanned today.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=R7mxQfTfokE&mls=1
Post 1 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl Yes I see the yellow on the main floor. Could it be that the house was dark and lites were mot very good? On the second floor did you miss going into the one room on purpose?
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Helen i did not scan the room, it wasn't cleaned out.the Realtor requesting not to scan that room.
The house was not dark.I hope my camera is not going bad.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl I'm not sure if it really helps or not with window glare but if you point the camera at the window first for first shot it seems to help.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting - I'm fairly new and have maybe done 20 scans so far with no issues. Yesterday I shot a really tough property - lots of mirrors and outside staircases - and my results were terrible! I had the same issue with extreme glare and no detail out the windows (not a problem in past scans) and kind of weird coloration. i noticed today my app wasn't updated, and wonder if I might be using old firmware. Have you updated to the latest firmware? I'm not sure when the most recent version was released.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Rootsyloops I'm on camera firmware 1.1.414.11204.b100be5-P
My app doesn't show me an update. Is that the same firmware?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport addressed the issue of Yellow Patches today (23 November 2016).

----

Question: Some of my Spaces show yellow patches or bands from LED lights. When will a fix for this be available?

Answered by Matterport: Our team is hard at work to correct this issue. This fix requires updating the software on the Matterport Pro Camera itself. We are in final evaluation with a limited group of users for this update, which will:

✓ Greatly reduce yellow patches, and offer better overall white balance
✓ Use a special algorithm to remove LED banding, but only when LED lighting is strong

Our goal is to complete testing and release it to all customers within the next 1-2 weeks. [by 7 December 2016 is two weeks.]

---

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?