Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MirrorsScanningTips

Tip: how avoid mirror reflection3214

PedroAvilez private msg quote post Address this user
Hi to all.
One of the many advantages that this great forum offers has to do with what we learn from each others. So here is a small contribution that I hope will be useful to every member.
One of the most common problems of MSPs is the challenge we face in hiding the cameras, avoiding the reflection in windows or mirrors. The solution I found is cheap and easy and has given me good results.
So to avoid the image of the camera reflected in mirrors I use sheets of paper (A3 size) - with different colors to adapt to the surroundings - which I place with tape.
I hope this tip is useful for all other MSP's.
Comments and suggestions welcome.
Attached examples (these images were taken from two models that I still can not make public. As soon as the clients authorize me I will post them here in the forum for a better evaluation)

Post 1 IP   flag post
Lbelland private msg quote post Address this user
Good idea.

You should be able to pull the paper off for subsequent scans without disturbing the syncing. That way you'll only have the "screen" up for the scan in front of the mirror.
Post 2 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Nice job...
Post 3 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
Will you share the link to see more clearly?
Post 4 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
I have finally gotten fed up with seeing my camera in mirrors, so tonight I covered a portion of it in reflective vinyl. I am not sure if it is going to help but I am going to give it a shot! Wish me luck on tomorrows shoot. I will post results once completed.

If all goes well, I will cover more of the sensors so that only the areas with the clear lens show.
Post 5 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
@JonJ Even if it doesn't, your camera looks sweet! Style Points
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@JonJ That is the most incredible thing posted to this forum in months. I want to buy your reflective vinyl bling case!!!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
When I was a full time video editor, I had a running joke with one of the producers I worked with. When I had a creative workaround for something and I was waiting for it to render, I would say "This is really gonna suck or it will be really awesome!" I think that phrase applies here. I can't wait to see and I'm hoping for awesome!!!

At worst, it will create a giant black hole and all of the fears we had about CERN will be realized in your model... then the world will end... At best, the person viewing the model will see their own reflection in the mirror... O.K. The latter probably won't happen... I don't think, but the camera may become invisible... and that is the goal.
Post 8 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Drum roll please....
original showcase

Better or worse? You be the judge.
Feedback welcome!
Jon
Post 9 IP   flag post
101604 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?